• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Is Gosnell the East Surry QB? He’s tall and a good athlete but I’m not sure he is an ACC QB.

He is an absolute freak of an athlete, but probably would be a WR or DB. He isn't at ES right now. He is in Virginia.

Is Gosnell the East Surry QB? He’s tall and a good athlete but I’m not sure he is an ACC QB.

Also, was teammates with walk-on Joey Ray and another teammate, Seth Keener, signed to play baseball at Wake. Possible inside connections...

That’s all I am going to say about the kid though. I don’t want to sound like 22 harping on Greene.

Heard today we may be getting a 4* DL decommit from WVU

Depends on which player you are talking about. Gosnell and Jefferson Boaz have split QB duties for the last two years. East Surry went on their run to end this season with Boaz at QB and Gosnell at WR. Gosnell has several ACC offers as an athlete and WR. Supposedly measured at 6'2, 200 lbs and ran under 4.4 at an NCSU camp and got his offer then. Boaz is huge, 6'6 or 6'7 and is just finally settling into what sport he wants to play in college. He's always been a 3 sport guy and an excellent basketball and baseball player. He averaged close to 30 ppg last season I believe. He's gotten QB offers from UNC, UL, and I think VT yesterday. I know all 3 of those offers are legit and if QB doesn't work he will probably go to TE. He's a D1 player at both positions. His dad played at UNC and I think a few schools are worried of that but I think he is more than open to going elsewhere. Both are going to continue to gain offers, pretty much everywhere they have visited and been seen in person has gotten them an offer. Both are fantastic young men and come from great families.

There was a Gosnell, built like that who attended Wake back in the day...enough days ago to be this guy's grandpa.

There was a Gosnell, built like that who attended Wake back in the day...enough days ago to be this guy's grandpa.

Tommy Gosnell? I played golf against him in high school but I didn’t know he attended WFU. I agree that both of these kids are ACC athletes and from good families. East Surry crushed Mt Airy in the playoffs when Donavan was out with a concussion.

Also, was teammates with walk-on Joey Ray and another teammate, Seth Keener, signed to play baseball at Wake. Possible inside connections...

That’s all I am going to say about the kid though. I don’t want to sound like 22 harping on Greene.

But I was right about Green. He is the highest rated recruit in WF history on 247.

OK, per star rating, Jasheen Davis, the recruit we just picked up from GA with Penn State and Michigan offers, is worse than the average player in just about every ACC class.

I find that very hard to believe.

I think there is definitely a quanitifiable difference in the incoming talent level of the top classes, but once you get past a point it is so subjective that there really isn't a hill of beans difference between a class with an average rating of 85.7 and 84.3.

Another commitment!
James Ash, a 6' 3" 280 lb 3* DT from Florida.
Looks to ne a bruiser and loves the family atmosphere at Wake.

Welcome James!

It is great news that Clawson is getting the guys he wants. Bodes well for future on field success.

Just from an optics perspective, it would be good to have a few consensus four star guys sprinkled in. Even though there may not be much actual difference between the higher three stars and low four stars,there is a bigger perceived gap there. Need to cross that gap to get higher rated four star guys.

Back