• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Exciting pickup. Looks to have fantastic balance.

Last edited:

You're not kidding.

And look who was in the game early. This staff is doing a great job of identifying young players and building relationships.

Guys getting Jasheen Davis is so huge. His offer list speaks for itself. May be our biggest commit to date in this years class.

Would expect him to move up in ratings with an offer list like that (if legit). Doubt he will though....

Individually the commitments each look good and Clawson and staff have proven to be very good at evaluating talent. That said the average rankings of Wake's recruits is not as good as last year and the average ranking is about last in the ACC.

Guys getting Jasheen Davis is so huge. His offer list speaks for itself. May be our biggest commit to date in this years class.

Welcome Jasheen!

His recruitment is consistent with our recruiting in past several years—Upward trajectory across the board.

Individually the commitments each look good and Clawson and staff have proven to be very good at evaluating talent. That said the average rankings of Wake's recruits is not as good as last year and the average ranking is about last in the ACC.

This is true, but we're also getting these guys early and our staff has proven to be strong talent evaluators. In this class, Petitbon, Griffis, Whitter and Roberts have all had their rankings go up since their commitment. Those numbers could go up by signing day.

I too frequently get caught up in the star rankings, but I think where stars really matter are in the 4-5 star range. The majority of recruits most schools compete for lay in the three star category where there is so much variability. In time, we may pull in some 4 stars, but till then, I think what matters is winning recruiting battles with sought after recruits. So recruits that other p5 programs want. While Jasheen Davis and Ahmani Marshall aren’t high three stars or 4 stars, they are two players that wake had to outcompete multiple big time p5 schools for. To me, this is more important than the star rating itself. This is a step forward from previous coaches and a trend that will absolutely need to continue for us to build talent and depth.

One other note and I know I’ve mentioned this before, but the star rating system is extremely flawed and biased towards bigger programs. Had Jasheen Davis gone on his Penn State visit and committed, he would have become a high three star at a minimum. So to me, I don’t care about the specific level of three star as much as I do about who we beat out. I’m not saying that we recruit as well as Penn State or Alabama, but there is a degree star bump bias that does occur. I will say that the only benefit the rating system could have is if recruits saw our recruiting rank go up, they may feel more inclined to join up. Recruits want to play with other good players.

Dad was there and is huge if the kid gets that big. Friend of the family said Carolina coaches asked Dad why we should recruit his son and he felt insulted so yeah. Said playing time was a huge factor but I believe he is gonna have to earn the guy I spoke to acted like their wasn't much competition. Flowers and the kid out of Nash this year are good backs.

Dad was there and is huge if the kid gets that big. Friend of the family said Carolina coaches asked Dad why we should recruit his son and he felt insulted so yeah. Said playing time was a huge factor but I believe he is gonna have to earn the guy I spoke to acted like their wasn't much competition. Flowers and the kid out of Nash this year are good backs.

Not much competition where?

Looks like we picked up a 3* OL from Ohio with a decent offer list today too, George Sell

Deacs just got a commitment from a 3 star O lineman. George Sell. Deacs are going next level this weekend.

Well if the recruits aren’t as good as last year, this currently 19th ranked recruiting class will be icing on cake

The schools that offer scholarships are more indicative of talent than the star system. We have beaten out several big time football schools for the recruits who have committed this week-end. That is exciting.

Back