• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Did you see Wake's 2018 game against Clemson ? It was the singlemost uncompetitive football game I've ever seen between ACC opponents, but I didn't watch Clemson beat Louisville 77-16. What's the point in thumping one's chest about the best team in the conference if you can't even stay on the field with them ?

Are we proud that UNC-CH made the Sweet Sixteen too since they beat us by 40 ?

This view helps WF recruiting of all those 4 plus star kids who truly want to be on an extremely well coached team with a yearly chance to upset Clemson.

Did you see Wake's 2018 game against Clemson ? It was the singlemost uncompetitive football game I've ever seen between ACC opponents, but I didn't watch Clemson beat Louisville 77-16. What's the point in thumping one's chest about the best team in the conference if you can't even stay on the field with them ?

Playing for all the marbles, Bama couldn't stay on the field with that Clemson team either.

You called our women golfers chokers and now say this? Fuck off, dude. Just go away.

She hit an awful shot on the most important shot of her life. Not saying it was an easy shot or that you wouldn't hit it in the creek too.

And yeah, there's only a small handful of players on the Wake football team that the top 5 or 6 prgrams in America would want on their teams as freshman. Maybe a few more as upperclassmen. Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day aren't pulling their hair out wondering how they can get Wake Forest-like talent.

Have you seen them naked? They could be pulling out hair from places you can't see

I saw the first half of the '81 game in Death Valley where Clemson put up 82 against us. Of course we hung 24 on them, so maybe you're right.

If the SEC is so obviously better than the ACC, why did Alabama beat Mississippi by 63, Vandy by 59, Arkansas by 32, and Tennessee by 38?

In 2017, Alabama beat Kentucky by 28, Tennessee by 39, shutout LSU, beat Florida by 38, MS State by 48, and A&M by 19.

Conferences have dominant teams.

She hit an awful shot on the most important shot of her life. Not saying it was an easy shot or that you wouldn't hit it in the creek too.

And yeah, there's only a small handful of players on the Wake football team that the top 5 or 6 prgrams in America would want on their teams as freshman. Maybe a few more as upperclassmen. Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day aren't pulling their hair out wondering how they can get Wake Forest-like talent.

Ya think?

If the SEC is so obviously better than the ACC, why did Alabama beat Mississippi by 63, Vandy by 59, Arkansas by 32, and Tennessee by 38?

In 2017, Alabama beat Kentucky by 28, Tennessee by 39, shutout LSU, beat Florida by 38, MS State by 48, and A&M by 19.

That wasn't my point. Ask Rafi.

What's up with the negativity on recruiting? Just stumbling across this thread and have not read too deep in it, but just yesterday I was discussing Wake recruiting with a Deac in my office and we were both amazed how good the 2020 class is shaping up. I think #28 on 247 ahead of some historically dominant teams. Sure they will slide a little, but it might be the best class in years.

Dude, you first said that we only have guys who could walk on at Bama. Now, 24 hours later, you've backtracked to a few scholly athletes we have won in the last few years might get Bama-level schollys plus some upperclassman who would have earned schollys. I suppose you backtracked due to facts presented.

What should we expect 24 hours from now? Suggest: I'm an idiot, ignore me.

Feel free to copy and paste.

30,000 posts - you would think - would have ginned up 10,000 hours of competence. It is a bummer to see that is not the case. At all. Post 30,959 seems stupider than most folks' 30th post.

Because, as usual, we have one team in the mix and that is Clemson only. As evidence let's look at the new ESPN Top 25 poll: 4 SEC teams in the top 10 & 1 ACC team--Clemson. SEC has 7 teams in the Top 25 and the ACC adds one more, Syracuse to make it 2 in the Top 25. Go to the same USA Today rankings and you have 6 SEC teams and the same 2 ACC teams in the Top 25.

Athlon is picking UVa to top the Coastal division and havea 9-4 overall record. Meanwhile they pick Clemson to go 8-0 in the ACC and 13-0 overall. We have one team that is nationally in the CFP mix and they are awesome! Well coached & stacked with great players. Everybody else--meh.

Because, as usual, we have one team in the mix and that is Clemson only. As evidence let's look at the new ESPN Top 25 poll: 4 SEC teams in the top 10 & 1 ACC team--Clemson. SEC has 7 teams in the Top 25 and the ACC adds one more, Syracuse to make it 2 in the Top 25. Go to the same USA Today rankings and you have 6 SEC teams and the same 2 ACC teams in the Top 25.

Athlon is picking UVa to top the Coastal division and havea 9-4 overall record. Meanwhile they pick Clemson to go 8-0 in the ACC and 13-0 overall. We have one team that is nationally in the CFP mix and they are awesome! Well coached & stacked with great players. Everybody else--meh.

ESecPN over-hypes the SEC every single year. None of those teams other than Bama or Georgia look impressive at all this year. Florida still has Franks at QB - he's horrible. LSU lost its best two defenders and still runs an Ed Orgeron offense. A&M is still a couple years away under Jimbo and have a brutal schedule. Auburn is starting a freshman QB and Malzahn might be on the hot seat after a rough year. MSU is MSU.

This view helps WF recruiting of all those 4 plus star kids who truly want to be on an extremely well coached team with a yearly chance to upset Clemson.

Let's hope this is the year WF can actually contemplate an upset down Death Valley way.

Back