• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Went and watched Myers Park last night.

Wake 2021 commit Matthew Dennis (K) has a big league leg.

QB Drake Maye is an Alabama commit and looks very calm in the pocket. Every throw was on the money. Lofted a screen pass for a 25-yard gain. Dove in for a TD andtook a pretty big lick. Josh McCown's son Owen is the back up and came in during the fourth quarter of a 42-0 blowout to handoff mostly.

WR Mushin Muhammed (Texas A&M) looked good and caught a TD pass.

UNC-CH LB commit returned an interception for a TD.

QB Drake Maye is an Alabama commit and looks very calm in the pocket. Every throw was on the money. Lofted a screen pass for a 25-yard gain. Dove in for a TD andtook a pretty big lick. Josh McCown's son Owen is the back up and came in during the fourth quarter of a 42-0 blowout to handoff mostly.

That team is loaded.
But I think they usually are.

Is Drake Maye the brother of UNC basketballer Luke Maye?

The Maye family has deep UNC ties. That's a bad recruiting miss for old Mack.

The Maye family has deep UNC ties. That's a bad recruiting miss for old Mack.

Mack has Sam Howell, who's a 5-star freshman from Indian Trail starting at QB on Saturday and who had offers from Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State. They'll be okay.

It'll be intersting if Maye winds up being the "The Guy" at Alabama or winds up transferring like every other highly-ranked freshman QB who doesn't get the starting job.

Class of 2029 Safety recuruit.

And ends up with the football.

Over/under on the age the kid has the top joint of his pinkie amputated to avoid re-aggravating it and allowing him to play the following week. 23?

And ends up with the football.

Over/under on the age the kid has the top joint of his pinkie amputated to avoid re-aggravating it and allowing him to play the following week. 23?

I'm pretty sure they're doing that in middle school nowadays.

Mack has Sam Howell, who's a 5-star freshman from Indian Trail starting at QB on Saturday and who had offers from Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State. They'll be okay.

It'll be intersting if Maye winds up being the "The Guy" at Alabama or winds up transferring like every other highly-ranked freshman QB who doesn't get the starting job.

Sam Howell wasn't a 5 star on any recruiting service and was ranked 50+ spots lower than any 5 star. Not saying he won't be good, but you seem to have a weird man-crush on him (and other UNC recruits).

I also see him listed at 6'0, 225 with a 5.07 40 time. If those numbers are close to accurate, he'll get killed against decent competition.

No man crush at all, but still a great recruit with a great offer list.

Maye has a similar 24/7 profile.

Fun to see a Wake fan try to drag down another team's 4-star recruit while constantly building up their own 3-stars.

They both got offered by Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. You're being silly.

No man crush at all, but still a great recruit with a great offer list.

Maye has a similar 24/7 profile.

Fun to see a Wake fan try to drag down another team's 4-star recruit while constantly building up their own 3-stars.

They both got offered by Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. You're being silly.

How am I trying to drag him down? Your post simply wasn't accurate. Any reasonable fan would expect a 6'0" freshman QB who runs a 5.07 (ESPN does have him at 6'2") to get destroyed against decent competition, especially playing for a team coming off a 2 win season.

Of course he's going to get destroyed. It doesn't matter who he is. UNC-CH should be happy to have him.

Interested to see how Howell does. Several people who have seen him in person were less than impressed and didn't understand the hype. Big numbers in HS but the competition was low. I'd suspect he struggles a decent bit early on.

Interested to see how Howell does. Several people who have seen him in person were less than impressed and didn't understand the hype. Big numbers in HS but the competition was low. I'd suspect he struggles a decent bit early on.

He wasn’t very impressive in the Shrine Bowl IIRC. He was shorter and stockier than I expected from a FSU QB recruit.

Back