• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It’s like Clawson saw y’all worrying about the future at TE over the bye week and told Trey to make it official.

Wake has SIX tight ends on the roster. That seems like a lot for a position where the offense uses only one.

If you have them, then use them. Like the Redskins in the 80's, two TEs single back. In '81, Gary Scofield set the NCAA passing yardage record for a game against Maryland. He hit Phil Denfeld 18 times over the middle for 1st down after 1st down. This would be perfect for our RPO against the run blitz that BC threw at us. Jim McMahon surpassed him the week after, out at BYU.

This is a great commit. Looks to be a true pass-catching TE with decent size and great hands/route running. The offer list says it all and I’ll take that over star rating any day.

Seahawk QB Russell Wilson, like our most recent commit Trey Boll, played football and baseball for the Collegiate School in Richmond.

I love this pick up. After Freudenthal leaves we'll have Chapman, Whitehart, Ford, Hite, and Boll. We now have options.

Wake has SIX tight ends on the roster. That seems like a lot for a position where the offense uses only one.

You obviously haven’t heard about the triple tight end sets we’re developing.

You obviously haven’t heard about the triple tight end sets we’re developing.

Apparently I have been out of the loop on that and nobody circled back to check.

I can see Clawson and Ruggerio developing some four dimensional chess level variant on the RPO that uses a three tight end set.

Boll is 6-4 215; currently red-shirting TE Drelyn Ford is 6-3 215. Sage Surratt is 6-3 215. Possible that Boll or Ford or both, play WR instead of TE. From looking at Boll's film, he has good wheels. Recruit good athletes with unique skills. If they can play, WF will find a spot for you.

Hopefully the continued sustained success/results on the field further helps with recruiting.

It would also be interesting to have more insight into the specific of the Northwestern recruiting algorithm and how it is fine tuned and adjusted over time.

I didn't remember the actual name of the coming is Zcruit. Here's their Twitter. There's some good info there.

From what they're tweeting, it's an advanced database system that helps coaches keep up with what's going on in recruiting and helps manage recruiting info. There's certainly enough info in here to develop an algorithm to help coaches determine who to recruit. Makes sense they're not tweeting about that.
https://twitter.com/ZcruitFootball

EDoXQ35XUAAGBze.jpg:large

Last edited:
Skill positions wise we are going to be in fine shape, HOWEVER, the QB has to have time to throw to these talented skill players and I have questions about the OL after this season. DL we will be very good, OL will be a big question mark.

I didn't remember the actual name of the coming is Zcruit. Here's their Twitter. There's some good info there.

From what they're tweeting, it's an advanced database system that helps coaches keep up with what's going on in recruiting and helps manage recruiting info. There's certainly enough info in here to develop an algorithm to help coaches determine who to recruit. Makes sense they're not tweeting about that.

So that tarholes can think it's all about them.

Skill positions wise we are going to be in fine shape, HOWEVER, the QB has to have time to throw to these talented skill players and I have questions about the OL after this season. DL we will be very good, OL will be a big question mark.

O-line will return three guys who have starts on the inside positions (center and two guards). I know both guys have played mostly left guard but they have both played meaningful snaps in the trenches.

Really just the two tackles need successors. Justin Herron will be the most difficult to replace. He has been an impenetrable wall at left tackle so far this season. Spencer Clapp has been listed as his backup.

Je'Vonte Nash is the backup RT. Both those guys will be back next season.

Heat is right. I’m in north Georgia and there’s tons of talent around here. Temps have been in the 90’s for too long also.

M
Boll is 6-4 215; currently red-shirting TE Drelyn Ford is 6-3 215. Sage Surratt is 6-3 215. Possible that Boll or Ford or both, play WR instead of TE. From looking at Boll's film, he has good wheels. Recruit good athletes with unique skills. If they can play, WF will find a spot for you.

I think you’re on the money with Boll and Ford. Tall, athletic guys with speed and hands. Look for one of them to play a role like Scotty. Or, if they bulk up more, like Serigne.

Is it really an advantage is everyone is using it?

Is it really an advantage is everyone is using it?

It's a good question. Theoretically this system could work out well for everybody. The goal is to optimize recruiting, streamline the proces, not pick winners and losers. The schools that use it could be getting an internal advantage of spending less time and resources identifying recruits likely to verbal and more effort recruiting them.

Back