• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It's a good question. Theoretically this system could work out well for everybody. The goal is to optimize recruiting, streamline the proces, not pick winners and losers. The schools that use it could be getting an internal advantage of spending less time and resources identifying recruits likely to verbal and more effort recruiting them.

I wonder how often it updates the likelihood to pick a school? For example, now that Wake is ranked in the top 25 in both polls, does it show a higher likelihood to get guys interested? Does it update weekly, daily? What are all the factors it considers? Seems like it could be constantly updated, almost like a stock market ticker.

One feature they tweet about is that the database automatically updates when a kid tweets out a new offer. So yeah, I think they update it for record and ranking.

If you have them, then use them. Like the Redskins in the 80's, two TEs single back. In '81, Gary Scofield set the NCAA passing yardage record for a game against Maryland. He hit Phil Denfeld 18 times over the middle for 1st down after 1st down. This would be perfect for our RPO against the run blitz that BC threw at us. Jim McMahon surpassed him the week after, out at BYU.

Are you serious? Use more TEs and less of our WRs? LOL

Are you serious? Use more TEs and less of our WRs? LOL

We need to use our TEs. Maybe not two at a time, but if we had Cam-like production from our guys, BC couldn't have kept run blitzing us. Our two passing TDs Saturday were out side the hash marks. L'ville and F$U are watching the BC game and will attack the our 5 OLs and grab our WRs. Clawson has 9 more days to counter this type of defense.

Dire Straits, great band.

Ranson is all over the field (both in spring games and versus Elon) - he will be a good one.

I do worry about CB (think we will be good at safety, however) for obvious reasons. We will theoretically be putting Jasir Taylor at CB#1 who at best, looks like a nickel. Really not even sure who is behind him. I guess we are trying to rely on Essissima and Tyriq (who i thought was a safety) to improve to starting ACC CBs.

Next year we should be able to stop the run but see us getting picked apart on the outside.

Trey Rucker emerging true freshman getting plenty of time with a key pick in the endzone against Utah st. He'll only get better

Jasir has quietly become a really good corner imo. He played before he probably should have and looked bad often, and that burned into our memories. I expect him to be solid next year.

Jasir has quietly become a really good corner imo. He played before he probably should have and looked bad often, and that burned into our memories. I expect him to be solid next year.

Absolutely. Heard he put in a lot of work in the offseason. It’s showing

Absolutely. Heard he put in a lot of work in the offseason. It’s showing

hope y'all are right. Jasir will be key to the teams success next season

yeah, Ja'Sir has been much improved in less action this year -- taking better angles on tackles and better overall coverage

hopeful for his continued progress

Jasir made one of the plays of the game against NCState last year on 4th down. Made a good break on the ball for the incompletion. If State converted that throw, game is over.

FWIW, WF QB recruit from the 2020 class Mitch Griffis has lit it up this year for Broad Run HS in VA. They are 4-0 and averaging close to 50 a game.

Here is an article about the start of their season: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/led-by-a-griffis-on-the-sideline-and-under-center-broad-run-routs-urbana-56-7/2019/09/28/330643aa-e229-11e9-be96-6adb81821e90_story.html

Love seeing our commits doing so well during their last HS season.
Also love getting players that are coaches sons.

How good is the league that Weddington HS in Matthews plays in? Because I am watching these Will Shipley Sophomore season highlights, (APB recruit Class of '21) and it looks almost unfair that he is allowed to play against these other schools.

How good is the league that Weddington HS in Matthews plays in? Because I am watching these Will Shipley Sophomore season highlights, (APB recruit Class of '21) and it looks almost unfair that he is allowed to play against these other schools.

Not great but not terrible. They blew out Sam Howell's old team 47-0. The conferences around here are really poorly balanced but they've played some decent teams out of conference. Weddington isn't a huge school by Charlotte metro standards.

Aren't most 5* athletes going to look unfair against their competition?

I was hoping that kid would be a bit interested in us seeing as how explosive the offense is. Any idea if we’re being considered? I heard his parents are both wolfies so they might have the lead

Back