• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I know I grew up a Wake fan, but why on earth would any 4/5 star player want to go to UNC? They historically underperform and don’t produce star talent to the NFL. (Not saying we do better, but they certainly don’t)

That being said I love it when they do get those kids. It makes all of the “experts” over hype and overrate the team, making it all the sweeter when we “upset” them. It never fails. I love the fact that the last few years we keep having stud players born out of the depths of 2 and 3 star recruits. Strnad, Basham, Bassey, Greer, T Williams, Herron, Surratt, Washington, Carney, Walker, Newman and Hartman, just to name a few. And I’m looking forward to watching the younger guys step up and continue that trend

I mean, they had the #2 overall pick in the first round two years ago and the best defensive player in the history of the NFL went there. They've had three first round draft picks in the past five years. I don't know how to discuss things with people who ignore things like that.

Last edited:
UNC has a great NFL track record. They just don’t win.

Whereas we don't have a great NFL track record or win. They've actually averaged 1.7 more wins per year than Wake over the past ten years (6.8 to 5.1).

If you go back through the 2000 season, they've averaged 5.95 wins per season to our 5.63 wins per season. That includes the entire John Bunting era and the entire Jim Grobe era.

Here are the numbers

2 9 7 6
3 9 8 5
8 5 7 6
11 3 3 9
6 7 3 9
7 6 4 8
8 4 5 7
7 6 6 7
8 5 3 9
8 5 5 7
8 5 8 5
4 8 9 4
3 9 11 3
5 6 4 7
6 6 4 7
2 10 5 7
3 9 7 6
8 5 6 5
6 5 2 9

Format it in your head.

Full seasons only.

Last edited:
Whereas we don't have a great NFL track record or win. They've actually averaged 1.7 more wins per year than Wake over the past ten years (6.8 to 5.1).

If you go back through the 2000 season, they've averaged 5.95 wins per season to our 5.63 wins per season. That includes the entire John Bunting era and the entire Jim Grobe era.

More importantly, it does not include the entire Dave Clawson era.

Gosnell from Pilot Mountain decommitted from State and committed to Chapel Hill. He was pretty high on the Wake wish list at one point.

Biff's wife/dad/brother or someone very dear to him must have gone to UNC for him to constantly prop them up so much on a Wake message board. That and the Charlottesville Deac guy supporting both UVA and VT are two of the weirdest board shticks going. Biff may be trolling though.

This 2020 WR camped at Wake, but was never offered. He self-reported online that he's now 6'5 190. He has a verified 36-inch vertical and 6-10 wingspan from basketball summer camps. 2-sport athlete who has committed to play basketball at Radford. With the potential of losing both our big WRs after this season, I think the staff should offer. He could be molded into Scotty version 2.0. Think if we offer for football, he would come here over basketball at Radford. Has a 3.6 and is already qualified. Another high ranked in-state WR that Wake offered, Jhari Patterson, is rumored to be unable to academically qualify and that is why schools have cooled on him. This WR seems like a better fit based on the way we've been throwing it up for big WRs this season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Keishon-Porter-46084751/
http://www.hudl.com/profile/10238447/Keishon-Porter

We already have Banks as a tall WR in this class.

Biff's wife/dad/brother or someone very dear to him must have gone to UNC for him to constantly prop them up so much on a Wake message board. That and the Charlottesville Deac guy supporting both UVA and VT are two of the weirdest board shticks going. Biff may be trolling though.

Trolling with facts.

Funny. Biff couldn't be farther from being a UNC fan. Maybe i am getting trolled replying to this absurd thread.

He’s not a UNC fan. He just stans for Charlotte metro recruits.

This 2020 WR camped at Wake, but was never offered. He self-reported online that he's now 6'5 190. He has a verified 36-inch vertical and 6-10 wingspan from basketball summer camps. 2-sport athlete who has committed to play basketball at Radford. With the potential of losing both our big WRs after this season, I think the staff should offer. He could be molded into Scotty version 2.0. Think if we offer for football, he would come here over basketball at Radford. Has a 3.6 and is already qualified. Another high ranked in-state WR that Wake offered, Jhari Patterson, is rumored to be unable to academically qualify and that is why schools have cooled on him. This WR seems like a better fit based on the way we've been throwing it up for big WRs this season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Keishon-Porter-46084751/
http://www.hudl.com/profile/10238447/Keishon-Porter

So our coaches, who pluck diamonds from the coal mine, had this kid in camp and decided not to offer but you think we should cause of the profile?? 🤔... I’ll go with the coaches analysis

So our coaches, who pluck diamonds from the coal mine, had this kid in camp and decided not to offer but you think we should cause of the profile?? ... I’ll go with the coaches analysis
First of all, we don't know why the staff didn't offer. Possibly it was because he might've been undersized, possibly not. Maybe we just liked the other guy better, who knows?
Secondly, if he has grown bigger as he has self-reported and gotten faster/stronger as a result of two-sporting, maybe there would be no harm in giving the kid a second look. We're certainly deep enough in the WR position to absorb a project.

There's no reason to be a flippant dick.

So our coaches, who pluck diamonds from the coal mine, had this kid in camp and decided not to offer but you think we should cause of the profile?? 🤔... I’ll go with the coaches analysis

FYI, NC State is already keeping tabs on him, and I wouldn't be surprised if other P5 schools take a look come December. His physical measurables are similar to Scotty and his basketball athleticism similar to Sage in HS. But sure, fire off some wise ass ending because you're a fucking genius.

Back