• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It is Shaleak Knotts and about 78 other HS players, including several of our own commits from the Class of '20. Too bad the weather's going to be so lousy.

It is Shaleak Knotts and about 78 other HS players, including several of our own commits from the Class of '20. Too bad the weather's going to be so lousy.

Tracking the radar, I'm hopeful the worst of it will be over by kickoff.

Knotts will likely be a Heel. On him the longest and offered. He's been there 3 times including camp. Charlotte area kids usually pick UNC, so too late on this one, IMO.

He is class of 2022. It's far from too late, lol.

Well, per 247 we haven't even offered him. UNC, UVa, VT, Penn State, and Vandy all have. Given 3 visits and a camp at UNC...yep, I still feel it's safe to say UNC leads.... We offer him and he has a "Warm" beside us, I'll change my mind....

Probably too early to lock him in for UNC. They've only had 3 five-star recruits ever, per 247. Those type of players from NC typically play for national championship contenders (i.e. Clemson, Georgia, Alabama).

Probably too early to lock him in for UNC. They've only had 3 five-star recruits ever, per 247. Those type of players from NC typically play for national championship contenders (i.e. Clemson, Alabama).

Fify

Scott Williams (Mackovic recruited him hard out of Charlotte), Tim Worley (Lumberton), Todd Gurley (Tarboro), Keith Marshall (Raleigh), Zamir White (Laurinburg)all went to Georgia to play running back.

Heath Shuler, Chris Leak, Drake Maye all left/leaving NC to go to the SEC to play QB.

Quavaris Crouch out of Charlotte is an All American OLB now a freshman at Tennessee.

There are two four-star offensive linemen at Mallard Creek. Georgia signed Jordan Davis. Trenton Simpson committed to Auburn over Georgia and UNC-CH before decommitting last month. UNC-CH probably leads for him.

UNC-CH may dominate recruiting in this state, but if they could keep some of those guys around here they wouldn't go through these 10-year droughts.

And 4-star RB Evan Pryor from Hough High in Cornelius is a Penn State or maybe tOSU lean over UNC-CH.

247 reporting a possible flip from Kent State -- Ke'Shawn Williams. 5'10 receiver out of philly

Do we know who all showed?

It’s weird which famous names become popular a generation later. Keyshawn Johnson was a great player but not the cultural phenom Shaq was but both names seem to be weirdly common among elite athletes.

It’s weird which famous names become popular a generation later. Keyshawn Johnson was a great player but not the cultural phenom Shaq was but both names seem to be weirdly common among elite athletes.
Makes you wonder if we going see lots of "Lebron's" and "Steph's" in 15 to 20 years.

We should start seeing Lebrons in the next 5-10 years.

I feel like the prevalence of Keyshawn is not related to Keyshawn Johnson, but maybe it is-- the popularity index timeline matches up

just doesn't seem like he had the household popularity to drive that

Last edited:
Back