• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I feel like the prevalence of Keyshawn is not related to Keyshawn Johnson, but maybe it is-- the popularity index timeline matches up

just doesn't seem like he had the household popularity to drive that

That’s what I’m saying. He was a top WR for a few seasons. This kid was born during his 3 Pro Bowls in 4 years. But that’s shouldn’t be enough to move the needle like a Shaq or Kobe.

Lets hope Clawson makes a midnight gasp to hold onto him.

Come to Wake and be a star the day you step on campus or go to OU, play in some major games, but you’ll step on campus as their last choice at linebacker and you’ll have to wait your turn for a long time. I could see it going either way. It would be hard to turn down OU. But I hope he sees the light with us and wants to help turn us into that kind of contender

I'm pretty disappointed that the name Plaxico never really caught on.

Witter got an offer early last week and immediately took a visit to OU on Saturday. I would give us a 10% chance of holding on to him, if that.

Witter got an offer early last week and immediately took a visit to OU on Saturday. I would give us a 10% chance of holding on to him, if that.

I’ll be extremely disappointed if he goes elsewhere

He was planning on enrolling early so if he had any interest in checking out Oklahoma he was going to have to do it quickly. The fact that he still hasn't switched commitments yet is a good sign the longer this goes on the better I'll feel about it

also awaiting the influx of young hoopsters named Tim.

So we assume because he got an offer and took a visit he is gone sounds lowf to me

If Whitter stays with Wake, we know he will be 100% committed and will not have lingering uncertainties of buyers remorse. It is easy to understand why one would check out Oklahoma, but Wake has a lot to offer and some things Oklahoma does not. Good to get this over with now. Hopefully it ends up with him being at Wake and a Deac for life. If not, wish him the best and move on. It does show our staff can identify and sell the program to good athletes so there is that.

It's not like OU has a stellar defense. The production vs star rating has to be pretty horrible. I could understand them flipping dual threat QBs and fast receivers, but linebackers? Meh...

Not that this means it's a done deal but three crystal balls for Whitter went to Oklahoma yesterday, including one from an Oklahoma insider.

Someone needs to get into Shane's ear and let him know that Lincoln Riley is headed to the NFL.

Not that this means it's a done deal but three crystal balls for Whitter went to Oklahoma yesterday, including one from an Oklahoma insider.

I think these are writers thinking this Oklahoma not actually in the know

LBs should be chomping at the bit to play here the way we go through them

Back