• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Ke’Shawn Williams just flipped to Wake from Kent State. Hopefully he makes it 2/2 of successful Kent State flips (Walker III).

They wouldn't have waited until November to offer if he wasn't a backup plan. It puts things into perspective when our highest ranked recruit is a backup plan for a football factory. We have no linebacker commits now so it's probably time to poach from the MAC or Sunbelt. ......

Blunt - but probably true

Recruiting has improved under Clawson but it's unclear whether he can be successful elevating it any further or if this is as good as it gets.

We have no linebacker commits now so it's probably time to poach from the MAC or Sunbelt.

I really wanted to keep Whitter, but I think we're fine at LB. We only have two spots on the field, and we have Smenda (returning starter), DJ Taylor (returning starter, coming off injury), Williams (effectively a starter), Chase Monroe (talented rsJR), Chase Jones (rsFR, pushed for time this year), plus Jeff Burley, Zach Ranson, Jaylen Hudson...I still think we're overstocked at the position.

I know this is hard for some to understand here but Oklahoma is a much better football school than Wake is. He’ll have a chance to compete for national titles much easier than here. They’ve had multiple Heisman winners in the last 20 years. They have 80K+ attend their games. And every kid going in thinks that he can play wherever he’s going if he’s being offered a scholarship. I think the bigger question is why he committed to Wake to begin with because they’re obviously completely different places.

Wow thanks for posting this

I’m sure no one on this thread has considered any of these excellent points

I really wanted to keep Whitter, but I think we're fine at LB. We only have two spots on the field, and we have Smenda (returning starter), DJ Taylor (returning starter, coming off injury), Williams (effectively a starter), Chase Monroe (talented rsJR), Chase Jones (rsFR, pushed for time this year), plus Jeff Burley, Zach Ranson, Jaylen Hudson...I still think we're overstocked at the position.

We'll have 4 guys all in the same class, with Taylor's injury RS, vying for time at the Mike LB. Wouldn't be shocked to see Burley transfer since he's not seeing the field with Taylor expected back and he's already behind Smenda and now Monroe with Hudson likely on his tail if not ahead. Don't think any of those guys, except maybe Hudson, would have the speed to slide to Buck. Don't want all 4 Mike LB's graduating at once.

I guess Oklahoma was his dream school. Maybe Alabama can offer and he can flip again. Or LSU.

I want guys that want to come to Wake Forest and create a legacy here. If a kid is a lemming who goes to whatever big name school shows interest, Wake Forest is not the place for them. This is for kids who want to build something new.

Wow thanks for posting this

I’m sure no one on this thread has considered any of these excellent points

I think the fact that there are always people who act as though a kid is making the biggest mistake of his life by flipping from being a Wake commit to go anywhere else, much less a big time football factory, would prove your sarcasm wrong here.

There should be an excess of linebackers. They should be playing on kickoff and punt coverage teams. They should be good at tackling runners one on one in space.

I know this is hard for some to understand here but Oklahoma is a much better football school than Wake is. He’ll have a chance to compete for national titles much easier than here. They’ve had multiple Heisman winners in the last 20 years. They have 80K+ attend their games. And every kid going in thinks that he can play wherever he’s going if he’s being offered a scholarship. I think the bigger question is why he committed to Wake to begin with because they’re obviously completely different places.

It may be hard for some to believe, but Clemson would hang 50-60 on Oklahoma's sorry ass defense just like they do Wake. I completely understand wanting to play offense in that system, but defensively they aren't good at all. I doubt Lincoln Riley recruited him to take over for Jalen Hurts.

I guess Oklahoma was his dream school. Maybe Alabama can offer and he can flip again. Or LSU.

I want guys that want to come to Wake Forest and create a legacy here. If a kid is a lemming who goes to whatever big name school shows interest, Wake Forest is not the place for them. This is for kids who want to build something new.

Okay, but if he flipped back you’d take him.

From the Kent state board:

I guess wake was his dream school. Maybe oklahoma can offer and he can flip again. Or LSU.

I want guys that want to come to kent state and create a legacy here. If a kid is a lemming who goes to whatever big name school shows interest, kent state is not the place for them. This is for kids who want to build something new.

From the Kent state board:

I guess wake was his dream school. Maybe oklahoma can offer and he can flip again. Or LSU.

I want guys that want to come to kent state and create a legacy here. If a kid is a lemming who goes to whatever big name school shows interest, kent state is not the place for them. This is for kids who want to build something new.

There is a difference between moving from a non-P5 conference to a P-5 conference. From P-5 to other P-5 not a difference.

Bullshit (respectfully :cool:) I want the best players we can get. I don’t care if they would flip if the right school came along. If we get lucky and sell them better than any other offer and that right school never offers, they will be Deacs and likely be committed teammates that will help us take the next step. As we get more of those more talented players, we become the right school for more and more talented players. I’m not regretting that we took Louisville’s leftovers when Colburn settled for us.
When those guys get here, they are going to play hard to make their team better. Most of our players would not have come to Wake if Notre Dame offered.

I think the fact that there are always people who act as though a kid is making the biggest mistake of his life by flipping from being a Wake commit to go anywhere else, much less a big time football factory, would prove your sarcasm wrong here.

No worry, HDF. Just that guy being "that ass guy"
You were spot on.

You ever notice that 90% of our flips never see the football field at football factory they would have here

Back