• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It will be to the advantage of all if the incoming freshmen linemen can redshirt. Wake just isn't getting the ready to play 5* freshman linemen. Wake line recruits really benefit from two or three years strength and conditioning and learning technique before they play.

CJ Elmonus was highly touted as part of last year's recruiting class. Will he be ready to play as a rFr in 2020? Hopefully he and his fellow youngsters get some snaps just to get them a feel for game speed, and not because there is a need for bodies.

With Mike Edwards and Orlando Heggs gone from the current rFr class, that year group is small.

Rarely do you ever see a true freshmen offensive lineman play at a good program. Miami had a true freshman play because they were terrible. If you have good depth, you shouldn’t have to play true freshman at o-line. Good programs don’t have to.

Would not be surprised if we try to find a grad transfer RB. Will be surprised if CBS comes back which leaves us with one soph and 2 true freshmen next year. While all sound great, we are suddenly and very unexpectedly very thin.

looks like we have interest in a defensive back from Flint Hill Prep in Oakton, Va for 2020 [same school as Trey Rucker].

https://twitter.com/JusticeEllison1

He tweeted he has a Wake offer.

Listed as a WR on 247. Not very big. 5-10, 190. Fast 4.43 forty (May 2019).

Played both ways (corner and WR) at Flint Hill. Also played RB in RPO plays.
Jet sweep guy?

Listed as #15 NoVa area recruit.

Offer list on 247 not impressive. Mostly G-5 schools. Including Clawson's former school.

Last edited:
Would not be surprised if we try to find a grad transfer RB. Will be surprised if CBS comes back which leaves us with one soph and 2 true freshmen next year. While all sound great, we are suddenly and very unexpectedly very thin.

Walker and Kendrell Flowers along with the freshmen. Not ideal but not awful especially since RB seems like one of the places true frosh can pick up pretty quickly.

Walker and Kendrell Flowers along with the freshmen. Not ideal but not awful especially since RB seems like one of the places true frosh can pick up pretty quickly.

All of the young backs are very good. I don’t know why everyone expects CBS to leave though. Seems like a good kid. Im sure he served his suspension, and is going to work harder in the classroom. He also has to know he would be the starter here next year if he stays. CBS, Kenneth, and Kendrell is a great trio.

All of the young backs are very good. I don’t know why everyone expects CBS to leave though. Seems like a good kid. Im sure he served his suspension, and is going to work harder in the classroom. He also has to know he would be the starter here next year if he stays. CBS, Kenneth, and Kendrell is a great trio.

Not sure about that at all. CBS hasn’t really done much on the field thus far. Walker has shown a lot more. Would be shocked if Walker isn’t the starter next year.

Oops, apologies to Mr. Flowers. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Not sure about that at all. CBS hasn’t really done much on the field thus far. Walker has shown a lot more. Would be shocked if Walker isn’t the starter next year.

CBS and Cade were our best two coverage guys on special teams and CBS held up a little better in pass protection

I defs hope he comes back

but Walker is a special runner and I imagine he'll win the starting job

CBS and Cade were our best two coverage guys on special teams and CBS held up a little better in pass protection

I defs hope he comes back

but Walker is a special runner and I imagine he'll win the starting job

Yeah I meant to add that I def want him to be here. God knows we need quality depth.

Walker needs to work on his blocking this off season. Carney stoned many blitzers.

In our system 3 running backs will see significant snaps, and CBS knows that. I really hope he comes back. Walker, CBS and Flowers would be an excellent combo

I believe CBS was grades and he should be coming back. Ellison is a CB and WR recruit, depending on what is needed more I guess. Being recruited as an ATH.

Marucci - offers from Nebraska, Kentucky, Cincy

Back