• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Holy hell this guy is 6-6 275 and just going into his senior year of high school?? Clawson and staff doing it right now.

Holy shit, this kid had an incredible offer list. Did we really beat out Tennessee, West Virginia, and Boston College for an OT?

He also camped at Clemson and had a "great visit" there. His HS coach is a Clemson grad.

Really great Collins will be a Deac.

Hope Clemson doesn’t offer him.

He's a three star, so at this point probably a Clemson back-up plan, as they have not yet offered. If he gets a Clemson offer, watch him become a four star.

Whoa...NC State just got a 4 star QB commit over Alabama and Auburn!
Aaron McLaughlin

Hyped about those two tackles. Clawson has done a tremendous job of prioritizing and developing offensive linemen.

Success on offense depends on a good group of "Beef Boys,"

True. I always think back to the 2014 offensive line. Man they were awful. Poor John got destroyed every other play. It was pathetic. Grobe left the cupboard bare on offense. I will say, he left a pretty good defense. I definitely think the offensive line is Clawson’s biggest success story. Their philosophy of developing guys on the o-line works tremendously.

True. I always think back to the 2014 offensive line. Man they were awful. Poor John got destroyed every other play. It was pathetic. Grobe left the cupboard bare on offense. I will say, he left a pretty good defense. I definitely think the offensive line is Clawson’s biggest success story. Their philosophy of developing guys on the o-line works tremendously.

There are very, very few guys ready to play offensive line at the P5 level. There is a big difference in physical maturity level between 18 year olds and 22 year olds. The guys who grow up early are going to the Clemson's and Alabama's of the world. The red shirting plan is most valuable for these guys. The two O-line commits will be a whole lot bigger and stronger in a few years. They will benefit greatly from some trips through the buffet line and time in the weight room.

In an ideal world, the O-line would be mostly R-Sr and R-Jr starters, with R-Soph as primary backups. The two guys who were recent commits sound like good candidates for development, with potential to start sooner their R-Jr seasons. The Wake O-line could be pretty good in a few years, with young Pettibon at C and these two recent commits at the two tackle spots.

When I wrote up the big board that's now on Les' site, I kept coming back more and more to his tape and still can't figure out my favorite part of it

For me it is because he shows a bit of everything. He says 4.56 but looks as fast as Cooley and Edmonds who are 4.4 guys. Other than breakaway speed, he catches the ball out of the backfield, breaks tackles, isn't afraid to throw a block, and just generally shows the ability to do a bit of everything. The in-state guys would've been nice, but I think Towns could end up being just as good despite less hype in his recruiting.

Interesting that Lineburg is the primary recruiter and not Higgins. He self-reports 6'4 185 but was last measured at 6'2.5 179. If he has grown that makes him more interesting, but with social distancing will be hard to know if the new numbers are accurate. He was catching some nice dunks in the beginning of basketball season, so the hops are there.

For the WRs I like the Pennsylvania guy. He comes pretty polished with his techniques and shows good speed. Since he lacks the ideal 6'3-6'5 size, he may be someone that bounces inside and outside. I'd rather see him inside to see another guy like Dortch that runs nice routes and blows by guys, but he doesn't have Greg's ability to make guys miss after the catch, uses the stiff arm more.

giphy.gif

Back