• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Nice. Definitely can work with 6-2/170.

Maybe he will be Kendall Hinton - if Hinton played 4/5 years at WR instead of just 1.5.

Maybe he will be Kendall Hinton - if Hinton played 4/5 years at WR instead of just 1.5.

A Ruggiero quote from 2018(!) fall camp comes to mind:

"... if that kid was actually playing receiver for two years straight, like every day, man. He’d be pretty darn good now. I think he’s going to be pretty darn good in five weeks."

He'd been playing slot for about 2 weeks at this point.

A Ruggiero quote from 2018(!) fall camp comes to mind:

"... if that kid was actually playing receiver for two years straight, like every day, man. He’d be pretty darn good now. I think he’s going to be pretty darn good in five weeks."

He'd been playing slot for about 2 weeks at this point.

It's really too bad how his last regular season game went down. If he catches the 1st down throw throw in the end zone that Hartman sailed a bit, but was definitely catch-able, we win. If he goes down at the 5 yard line on the slip screen on 2nd down, we have a great chance to score against a poor defense that's been reeling on 3rd down (and maybe 4th) and win. Or worst case go to 2OT.

Just a brutal ending to a great season. At least he got one more TD in the bowl game.

It's really too bad how his last regular season game went down. If he catches the 1st down throw throw in the end zone that Hartman sailed a bit, but was definitely catch-able, we win. If he goes down at the 5 yard line on the slip screen on 2nd down, we have a great chance to score against a poor defense that's been reeling on 3rd down (and maybe 4th) and win. Or worst case go to 2OT.

Just a brutal ending to a great season. At least he got one more TD in the bowl game.

Two heart-breaking plays for WRs in the last two games of the regular season for different reasons. This one, and the week before when Jamie overthrew Steve Claude for a TD on Senior Night.

OK, please return this thread to recruiting, apologies for my part in derailing it.

Is this thread suddenly loading extremely slowly for anyone else? No other thread seems to pose an issue for me.

Jordan brand, social media presence, fan presence on social media and out and about, basketball heritage, (and as much as I hate to say it) Mack’s recruiting success history and connections he has to HS coaches are all reasons UNC is killing it on the recruiting trail.

I’d argue we actually have better facilities when our locker room is complete so we’re good there. That’s one of the keys to recruiting these high caliber guys.

Another is winning. Mack won for a period at Texas, and back in the old days at UNC. I’m sure he’s selling that. But we also are starting to build a reputation of winning (winning the Big 4 was huge last year).

We as fans need to be as vocal and attend as many games as possible. I know it’s hard at our size, but I know we can improve, especially if we get more people in the Winston-Salem area to call Wake Forest “their team”. One of the many reasons I am so impressed with Currie, he’s trying to get people in our community to come to Wake games. That’s really the only way we’re going to be able to have sellout Deacon crowds at BB&T. Y’all can poo poo Walmart fans all you want; but we’re gonna need them if we want to see big time crowds at Wake.

The last thing I’ll say is we need a better social media presence. It’s improved under Currie tremendously, but we still have a long way to go. I’d like to see more effort there.

Does anyone else find it odd that Mack Brown needs to build a multimillion dollar massive addition onto an already multimillion dollar massive house for he and his wife? the things i have heard going into the house sure would be fun the play with...

Ouch, they are kicking our butts in recruiting this year, and everybody else not named Clemson in the ACC

Jordan brand, social media presence, fan presence on social media and out and about, basketball heritage, (and as much as I hate to say it) Mack’s recruiting success history and connections he has to HS coaches are all reasons UNC is killing it on the recruiting trail.

I’d argue we actually have better facilities when our locker room is complete so we’re good there. That’s one of the keys to recruiting these high caliber guys.

Another is winning. Mack won for a period at Texas, and back in the old days at UNC. I’m sure he’s selling that. But we also are starting to build a reputation of winning (winning the Big 4 was huge last year).

We as fans need to be as vocal and attend as many games as possible. I know it’s hard at our size, but I know we can improve, especially if we get more people in the Winston-Salem area to call Wake Forest “their team”. One of the many reasons I am so impressed with Currie, he’s trying to get people in our community to come to Wake games. That’s really the only way we’re going to be able to have sellout Deacon crowds at BB&T. Y’all can poo poo Walmart fans all you want; but we’re gonna need them if we want to see big time crowds at Wake.

The last thing I’ll say is we need a better social media presence. It’s improved under Currie tremendously, but we still have a long way to go. I’d like to see more effort there.

*pops bubble*

COVID has a huge reason to do with state kids staying home across the country. But I've tossed this back and forth with Conor, Wake will just never be a BIG in state presence and that's more than ok. Do they need to recruit better? Yes, I 100% want to see an uptick in recruiting(as well as more wins and less injuries) but I don't think that uptick comes with more than a handful of in state additions

Back