• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I read that he was top five at his position. If that's true, is it a surprise that we're getting him as a preferred walk on?

When you are a long snapper, more times than not you have to start before they give you a scholarship.

Lindsey Scott Jr (offered by WFU) has left LSU and is doing one season at Last Chance U. WFU could use this kid. Smart and solid. Sorry if previously posted.

Last edited:
I think we're good at QB.

Lindsey Scott Jr (offered by WFU) has left LSU and is doing one season at Last Chance U. WFU could use this kid. Smart and solid. Sorry if previously posted.

This kid was legit in high school in Louisiana. He was not highly ranked (mostly because of his size) and took a shot at playing for his dream school, but LSU landed a couple of top QB prospects last year and he saw the writing on the wall.

That being said, I think with Newman, Hartman, and Clark in the queue, I'm not sure this would be a good fit for him.

Posted this before, but 2019 WR Donovan Greene of Mt Airy HS has been offered by WFU and is interested. He is featured in an article today in the WS Journal.

WF will be lucky to get this kid and it will happen because we got on him early. Clawson loves multi-sport athletes and Greene is very good in football, basketball and track. UNC is getting ready to offer, as are a lot of other P5 schools.

Greene is a top 25 WR in class of 2019. Runs a 4.2 40 yd dash and 9.99 100. He can fly. He is 6'3" 180. Honor Roll student and class president.

WF has offered North Surry QB Bernie Young. All State last 2 years. 80 career TD passes and 36 TD on the ground. 1500 SAT. Offered by Navy, Army, AF, Citadel, VMI, Harvard, Rice, Yale, Stanford, and Alabama. Ohio St. is close to offering. Michigan has visited his home. UCLA interested. Arkansas St. and WSSU have backed off. Wants to major in math with a minor in home cleaning skills.

WF has offered North Surry QB Bernie Young. All State last 2 years. 80 career TD passes and 36 TD on the ground. 1500 SAT. Offered by Navy, Army, AF, Citadel, VMI, Harvard, Rice, Yale, Stanford, and Alabama. Ohio St. is close to offering. Michigan has visited his home. UCLA interested. Arkansas St. and WSSU have backed off. Wants to major in math with a minor in home cleaning skills.

HA! Bernie is a good dude. Solid football player. Those NS teams were tough back in the day. Dad said they had a LB that ended up having a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Greene is a top 25 WR in class of 2019. Runs a 4.2 40 yd dash and 9.99 100. He can fly. He is 6'3" 180. Honor Roll student and class president.

If this were the case he would be the fastest guy in the NFL and would already have offers from everyone in the country.

Somebody is drunk. The kid's fastest 100 meters according to nc.mileplit.com which covers HS track is 11.44.

Usain Bolt's final 100m race was 9.95.

I think wfu22 was joking.

Back