• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

So who is familiar with Trinity Christian School and can give us a little info on the offense or level of competition, because these senior year numbers are umm interesting. He was 77 of 128 for 1,499 and 23 TDs. So his completions went for 20 yards on average, and pretty much one of every 3 completions went for a TD. He also ran 52 times for 216 yard and 9 TDs.
IIRC he split time with another guy at QB (Watson?), so that might explain some of the strange stats.

Saw him play in the state champ game for div 2 NCISAA (against Asheville School), funny enough.

It is, indeed, not the best competition as @TripleDeacon alluded to. Maybe 2-3 Div 1 players on the field at best between the teams? I know AS has a LB commit going to UVA and sent a kid to duke a couple years ago (WFU had actually offered him too), though he hasn't gotten much PT.

So who is familiar with Trinity Christian School and can give us a little info on the offense or level of competition, because these senior year numbers are umm interesting. He was 77 of 128 for 1,499 and 23 TDs. So his completions went for 20 yards on average, and pretty much one of every 3 completions went for a TD. He also ran 52 times for 216 yard and 9 TDs.

His completion percentage is just a hair over 60%. It will be interesting to see how much of the 19.5 yard average is because he is accurate with midrange to deep passes or because he completed 7 yard out routes and the DB slipped or missed the tackle and the receiver had a long sprint to the end zone.

His completion percentage is just a hair over 60%. It will be interesting to see how much of the 19.5 yard average is because he is accurate with midrange to deep passes or because he completed 7 yard out routes and the DB slipped or missed the tackle and the receiver had a long sprint to the end zone.
It's been awhile but my recollection is they employed a lot more medium/deep throws tbh (sample size: 1 game I watched), but ofc the WRs tend to be more open at that level too IF the QB has a few seconds to let it develop so he didn't have to be super accurate.

This is our second QB in this class right? Seems like he's more of the dual-threat potential guy and Cutter Woods is more of the pocket passer?

Pilch or someone else suggested Clawson would try to recruit a QB who could play multiple positions to decrease the likelihood of backups hitting the portal.

Pilch or someone else suggested Clawson would try to recruit a QB who could play multiple positions to decrease the likelihood of backups hitting the portal.
Admittedly, not sure I understand that?

If someone comes here to play quarterback, I am not sure putting them at a different position reduces the chance that they transfer.

It's questionable logic, but I understand the logic.

The Great Santino plan. Did not work for him. Sorry, I don't see the logic. maybe Kendall Hinton? Just do not see this as an effective strategy to get and keep good QBs.

didn’t he get some credit for recognizing some opponent plays and alerting the defense or something like that?

Conor Salmin received an offer. He plays WR and CB (and runs track very well), but judging by the coaches he tagged, he's a WR offer.

WR Carnell Warren was also offered at WR.

Back