• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

LOL that is the best OL highlight tape I’ve seen. That dude is going to get a couple penalties in his time here.

Check out the pancake blocks from Michael Jurgens the OL from Damascus, MD.

The young man just emasculates his opponents: https://youtu.be/0eOrYE7VZzA

Hilarious.

What a steamroller!
He knocks down everybody and doesn't stop until the whistle blows.
Reminds me so much of The Blind Side when Big Mike 'blocks' his guy all the way down the field and over the fence.
This dodo

Which is an absolutely hilarious story btw.

OSU camp say they stopped recruiting him anyways due to "maturity issues". Could just be smoke, although the kid does have a bit of a checkered past.

Their top QB commit of about 2 years, 4/5 star Emory Jones, wouldn't give a firm commitment/stop looking around at other schools (he visited Alabama like 5 times, Auburn twice, etc.), so they apparently let him walk and he flipped to Florida. Also, 5 star safety Jaiden Woodbey out of CA is likely to flip and sign with FSU tonight.

As an OSU fan, the biggest miss though is probably 5 star, #1 OT from Ohio committing to Clemson today, when every single OSU insider thought he was a lock. What's crazy is their still currently ranked as the #1 class. Probably will finish 2nd behind Georgia in the end.

From Clawson yesterday:

“Those are the best ones. I don’t know if we’re ever going to be a pick-the-hat school. Student athletes who pick Wake Forest, it’s well thought out. We are who we are. We play in the toughest division in college football. We play at a real high level. You must work hard....”

Whoever the poster who thinks we have to win the hat pickers needs to have a sit down with coach

In his interview he said that a spot opened up for Orlando Heggs when we had a player who was medically disqualified. Anyone know who it was?

From Clawson yesterday:

“Those are the best ones. I don’t know if we’re ever going to be a pick-the-hat school. Student athletes who pick Wake Forest, it’s well thought out. We are who we are. We play in the toughest division in college football. We play at a real high level. You must work hard....”

Whoever the poster who thinks we have to win the hat pickers needs to have a sit down with coach

So, you believe everything you're told by an interested party? You don't analyze the situation with an independent mind? Grobe said similar things. You're free to believe what you're fed, of course.

From Clawson yesterday:

Do you have a link to the full quote?

Not necessarily referring to top 100 guys. Listening to the Dave Clawson show later that night he mentioned that the Wake Forest-type typically does not have “hat-picking” ceremonies. He’s talking more about the type of personality, not ranking.

If you listen to his comments you can hear the truth about some of the guys - such as the comments he made of Mike Edwards.. “a couple years ago and I’m not sure we get this guy” — < and that pretty much sums up my thinking when hearing of the initial commitment. “That guy is supposed to be headed to Clemson or FSU” was my initial thought and if you listen to Clawson you can hear him saying the big boys came calling and tried to flip him right up to Mike’s signing.

Things really seem to be different this year.
Not only did we have a large number of very good recruits commit, but we kept them all.
Moving up. Feels good.

Things really seem to be different this year.
Not only did we have a large number of very good recruits commit, but we kept them all.
Moving up. Feels good.

Just wait til we make a NY6 bowl next year

The good news is that we got commitments from guys that we wanted. But, some SOr will contribute more next year then any of our brand new Deacs. If not, we pick the wrong guys years ago.

Back