• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Clawson said that he expects our DB recruits and our TE recruit from this class to be in position to compete for playing time this next season.

Clawson said that he expects our DB recruits and our TE recruit from this class to be in position to compete for playing time this next season.

That's interesting. We already played a lot of young DBs this year including two true FR (Taylor and Davis). We have two more freshmen redshirting. And we don't graduate any DBs except the grad transfer, Jiles. I guess that's a factor of our incoming DBs being among the highest rated players in the class and having good size. Dicks is 6-0/201. He's bigger than the CBs in the two-deep.

TE should be an open competition, so that's not too surprising.

Last edited:
If WF accepts a grad transfer (which I generally dislike), would not be surprised if it's a tight end.

The tight end who caught the touchdown pass against Notre Dame certainly looks serviceable

Jack Freudenthal. 3 catches for 42 yards and that TD on the season. Been a good special teams player.

Jack Freudenthal. 3 catches for 42 yards and that TD on the season. Been a good special teams player.

Jack is a walk on from Richmond. Not sure if he's on scholarship now.
He's really shown a lot of improvement over the past 2 years. He's put on some weight and I think I remember Clawson giving him some praise last spring or summer.
He may not be a Cam, but our cupboard is not empty.

That's interesting. We already played a lot of young DBs this year including two true FR (Taylor and Davis). We have two more freshmen redshirting. And we don't graduate any DBs except the grad transfer, Jiles. I guess that's a factor of our incoming DBs being among the highest rated players in the class and having good size. Dicks is 6-0/201. He's bigger than the CBs in the two-deep.

TE should be an open competition, so that's not too surprising.

At CB we were very thin. Henderson and Bassey played a ton of snaps with Ja'Sir occasionally coming in relief until the last few games when Taylor played regularly. Bassey led the team in snaps played going into the Duke game. Grate was the only other CB on the depth chart and just made the move this year from WR and didn't play a snap at DB except the Presby game. Jiles was pretty much injured all year. Bates and Glenn played almost every snap with Redd out, until Masterson worked his way in about halfway through the season. Then when Jessie went down, Masterson averaged about 100 snaps each of the last 3 games. With Troy Simon transferring, we're losing one of the redshirts at safety so we can use the help at DB.

you are forgetting Cobe Davis. He played a lot the second half of season as well. In any case some of the young guys got a lot of experience this year.

He is not.

That's a bummer. I thought he showed some potential when he played early. Thanks to injuries and attrition, we've had a tough time getting to where we can play experienced CBs. It seems like we always have a true frosh out there.

2019 WR Donovan Greene of Mt. Airy was playing in the Spencer Classic at the Joel the past 2 days. He had 19 points v East Forsyth last night. Wondering if anyone saw him play and noticed his freak athleticism.

2 bowl wins in two winning seasons should help future recruiting. Which year should any recruiting bump kick in? 2019 or 20 or 21?

Back