• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I’m thinking dude’s going for the spring term to get spring practice with them?

I thought scholarships were issued yearly, and not by semester. Which would cover summer school as well. Maybe I am wrong though.

Also, Welcome !
I hope so. Offer list on 247 was underwhelming. And, why another HS QB on scholarship for fall 24?

After a look at his bio, this is a stealth pickup of another shortstop for the baseball team.
For real?

Also, Welcome !

For real?
His bio has him as a two sport athlete. SS/3B/P/C/UTIL baseball. This is a public football commit. I doubt he spends his springs at The Couch.

Link to one eval. Dan Marino x Terry Bradshaw with a little Tom Brady for good measure.

There is a scholarship limit of 85. Presumably that applies to the fall and spring semesters

we had 85 guys on scholarship in the fall. We just added 16 more for spring of 2024. Some guys will leave...but of those leaving, many (including Mitch and Marucci) will be here in the spring, earning credits to graduate. Presumably we need 16 guys to leave today, in order to take 16 guys in.

While probably not the case at Wake, scholarship limits are going to become largely moot as NIL starts to pay tuition costs for PWOs. It's already happening at blue bloods.

He has a ton of Ivy League offers.... Smart for sure.
Visited Wake in Sept of 22.

Last edited:
....and we have a '25 QB. Is Clawson over-reacting to his poor QB judgement in '23?

No, it's Hewlett. He's still the only '25 commit. He's picked up a lot more good D1 offers this year.

I won't keep sounding my point forever, but unless we address the size/quality/numbers in our Lines, we will continue with poor to average seasons.

No, it's Hewlett. He's still the only '25 commit. He's picked up a lot more good D1 offers this year.

I won't keep sounding my point forever, but unless we address the size/quality/numbers in our Lines, we will continue with poor to average seasons.
Really looking forward to this kicking in someday.

Back