• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football: "The Wake Way" (UPDATED! New video on Page 2! THE SPREAD!)

WHere was the special teams coach extolling the virtues of using the punt as a strategic weapon?

According to Lobo, we have intellectual offense and defense, not intellectual special teams.

HCF3, the horrible finish to the season is a hallmark of the Jim Grobe era, except for 2006-08. Our record with 5 wins is pretty bad.

This is what I came up with before the Vandy game.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...pm-ESPNU&p=994756&highlight=5+wins#post994756

Grobe's record with 5 wins.

Years in which there is a dash we didn't get to 5 wins or didn't play a game after getting to 5 wins. Don't think this is particularly interesting or different than what we'd expect looking back. Just answered my own question and thought others may want to see it. Record with 4 wins would probably be much worse.

2001 - 1-1 (L Georgia Tech, W Northern Illinois)
2002 - 1-1 (L Florida State, W Navy)
2003 - 0-3 (L UNC, UConn, Maryland)
2004 - ---
2005 - ---
2006 - 1-1 (L Clemson, W NC State)
2007 - 1-0 (W UNC)
2008 - 1-0 (W Virginia)
2009 - --- (5th win in last game vs. Duke)
2010 - ---
2011 - 1-3 (L UNC, Notre Dame, Clemson, W Maryland)
2012 - 0-2 (L NC State, Notre Dame)

Record with 5 wins: 6-11

Of course, now the record with 5 wins is 6-12. I kind of downplayed it in that post. I don't think I fully understood how bad a .333 record with 5 wins actually is. These are our best teams under Grobe who struggled mightily to finish the season.

What is even worse is that margins in those losses.

In 2003, we had the Kollapse at Kenan (8 points), then home losses to UConn (51-17) and MD (41-28).

In 2011, we got blown out by UNC and lost two close ones before a gimmee against Maryland.

Of course, this past year we lost 37-6, 38-0, and 51-21 while staring at a possible bowl bid.

Last edited:
So pathetic. I'm fucking sick of this small time shit. The wake way now is playing not to lose vs. half the schedule and praying the competition will beat themselves the other games. Globe is no longer capable of getting it done. Not replacing lobo is a complete joke. Ridiculous. We need new blood. I love the way he has managed the program, but he is slipping big time.

So pathetic. I'm fucking sick of this small time shit. The wake way now is playing not to lose vs. half the schedule and praying the competition will beat themselves the other games. Globe is no longer capable of getting it done. Not replacing lobo is a complete joke. Ridiculous. We need new blood. I love the way he has managed the program, but he is slipping big time.

I don't love the way he's managed the program. We haven't had a winning season in 4 years and we seem to lose every decent assistant coach we get.

Don't we have a better video production department since I graduated? Somebody get Mary Dalton on this!

New video today! Learn the secrets of our unstoppable spread offense, and why defenses find it completely impossible to defend. The coaches (including one who isn't here anymore) let you in on how the Deacs got to be such an offensive juggernaut.

We have had one of the worst offensives in the nation over Grobe's tenure. That's not something to make a video about.

I still can't believe they couldn't edit Galloway out of these videos. Is that laziness? Do they think the fans don't know?

These are embarrassing - might as well trot out the App St "Hot Hot Hot" video on the recruiting trail after watching these.

Back