• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Notre Dame Game Thread

The score wasn't particularly embarrassing, but our numerous fuckups were, including failing to score twice from the 1yd line, giving up Notre Dame's longest run from scrimmage EVER, and Wolford's wtf unforced losses of the ball. Not surprising Wakefield decommitted while the game was in progress. Another hapless episode of Wake football.

Seriously ef all of you crapping on our guys playing the #4 team in the country on ND senior night. Take pride in the progress and that we have some great young players and an excellent coach.

121 yds. rushing, Bell with 90
219 yds. passing

Wolford 19/30, 219 yds, 1 int.

ND:
171 yds rushing
111 yds passing
Kizer, 13/19, 111 yds 0 int.

Shouldn't the Wolford TO be ruled a fumble? Seems like an empty hand play.

Seriously ef all of you crapping on our guys playing the #4 team in the country on ND senior night. Take pride in the progress and that we have some great young players and an excellent coach.

Maybe on the defensive side of the ball. Offense looks just as clueless as last year.

Maybe on the defensive side of the ball. Offense looks just as clueless as last year.

Last year we would've struggled to get 100 yards total offense, we just didn't finish drives today. Frustrating, but the offense is much better than last year. Says a lot as to how bad it was last year, but still much better.

The best thing that happened all afternoon was Clawson going apeshit over the flag that was picked up after the purported late hit out of bounds. He went nuts again a play or two later after the PI call on us that really should have been an offensive PI call on ND's receiver.

Other than Odom, Clawson is the one coach we've had in my adult lifetime who actually appears to give a shit whether we're winning or losing. I was absolutely thrilled with his intensity and refusal to stand idly by while the officials shit all over us and gift scores to ND.

The best thing that happened all afternoon was Clawson going apeshit over the flag that was picked up after the purported late hit out of bounds. He went nuts again a play or two later after the PI call on us that really should have been an offensive PI call on ND's receiver.

Other than Odom, Clawson is the one coach we've had in my adult lifetime who actually appears to give a shit whether we're winning or losing. I was absolutely thrilled with his intensity and refusal to stand idly by while the officials shit all over us and gift scores to ND.

I think Skip looked like he gave a shit.

Yeah, Skip probably counts as well, but Clawson has a real edge (which Skip didn't) that Wake needs in the worst way. He's the anti-Wellman.

Last edited:
Clawson has improved this program. He's not finished, but I like how things are going. The OL blocked well on called run plays, the option plays ended in the backfield. We had 10 plays for loss, 4 for no gain, and 5 1yd gains (not including Wolfs TD). There was one camera shot from behind our line, were Wolf had the incompletion to Cam. How could he see down the field? We had a good game plan and good effort, not bad for this late in a 3 win season. Better days are ahead for us.

Yeah, Skip probably counts as well, but Clawson has a real edge that Wake needs in the worst way. He's the anti-Wellman.

I love the way Clawson stands up for our team. We need that and I think it shows on the field. After the game Dave Goren was interviewing Dunn and Goren said 2 years ago when we played there we didn't even show up and talked about how hard Clawson has us playing.

121 yds. rushing, Bell with 90
219 yds. passing

Wolford 19/30, 219 yds, 1 int.

ND:
171 yds rushing
111 yds passing
Kizer, 13/19, 111 yds 0 int.

Pretty solid effort by our guys.
Other than a few flukey plays, we really did outplay them.
Yards, first downs, time of possession.
With a little luck, we could have actually won tonight.
ND is not that good.
Also interesting that Clemson did not have an easy time with Syracuse.
Not predicting a win next week, but after today, our guys should realize they can play with the big boys if they want to.

(call me overly-optimistic, but this team is really getting better)

Too bad we don't get a bye week before every conference game.

Though it probably won't show in wins, this team is much improved offensively. Just imagine what Wolfold might do if he had reasonable time to throw the ball...and if he was 6'5.

Back