• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Notre Dame Game Thread

The only part I disagree with. Not because we haven't improved, or because I think he lacks Xs and Os. But we haven't really shown a very broad playbooks or wide set of techniques. Strategy seems to be slow the game down, commit fewer penalties than the other team, and play good defense.

Based on our personnel, that strategy maximizes our chances of winning.

I base my opinion on his commentary in the weekly press conference. He typically discusses the big plays and has detailed analysis of what went right / wrong, and the analysis shows no bias towards any positions on the field.

Can imagine. ND pumps in their game radio broadcast down in the stadium concourses. Recognised the play-by-play voice of Don Criqui who I remember doing NBC TV games for the Orange Bowl many years ago. He's obviously an ND grad and gotta be in his late 70's by now.

He's 75. I guess that makes me old. Anybody I grew up watching when I was little is likely in their 60s and 70s now.

“We need to win,” Coach Dave Clawson said Tuesday. “I probably shouldn’t say this, but I’ll say it. We had a couple of people come up to our players after the game on campus and congratulate them for Saturday, on how awesome the effort was and how hard they played. And that’s part of the problem. Games like that, you’ve got to expect to win. I think while you appreciate that support, it also tells you that I don’t know if anybody expects us to win those games. And we need to expect that ourselves.”

Amen!
With all of the freshmen playing and the hype of senior day, I think the young players did very well. It's like yelling at a baby. They just don't get it yet. They're not strong enough. They can't make up for missed assignments. Will he punish anybody because we lost? (Cortez, maybe) When we go back on Nov. 4th, 2017, he'll have a point, or a victory!

Back