• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest / Radford game thread

WFU1990

Reaction score
Hey Ho! Let's GO! Should coast against the Big South competition but ready to see the 2016 Deacs. Any streaming options available? I see the ACC Network but that doesn't seem to be available on the App.

Do we have any starting line up expectations at this point?

I assume Crawford, Mitogolu, and Collins. Then Wilbekin and Arians?

Wilbekin, really? If we haven't progressed past Wilbekin starting then we are done.

I'm thinking by mid-season we'll be looking at Crawford, Woods, Arians, Collins, Dinos

My desired starting 5, if the knuckeheads could stay our of foul trouble, is Crawford, Woods/Chill(hopefully chill is good enough by Christmas), Arians, Collins, Moore

Wilbekin has started for most of his career. I would be surprised to see otherwise. I'd think and hope, however, that Woods would be an upgrade on him now with a year in the system (and entering his third year as a college basketball player).

We have got to take better care of the ball this year, but given our perpetual inexperience since [name redacted] came, I'm very concerned. We turned the ball over on %17.1 of possessions last year, which puts us at 285th in the country. Add to that we just lost a senior PG and are asking a freshman, sophomore, and a transfer to run our offense, and it may not bode well.

Mitch will probably start tonight/the first few of the season, but Woods will get more PT.

I think a big thing will be to watch how many minutes McClinton gets early in the season. I think it may not be a lot. That would open up a lot of 3 guard lineup opportunities, with Chill being the beneficiary.

Turnovers should improve a lot this year.

I forgot McClinton was on the team, so I don't regard him as a big thing to watch.

Finally checking back in after taking the summer off. Admitedly, have not been paying attention at all.

But how is Moore not a starter? Need to bring Dinos off the bench. Start Moore and Collins IMO

Anyone have tickets that they are not going to use for tonight's game? I know that I will be able to get them cheap outside the arena, but I be getting there a little late with my son's.

Finally checking back in after taking the summer off. Admitedly, have not been paying attention at all.

But how is Moore not a starter? Need to bring Dinos off the bench. Start Moore and Collins IMO

Because we'll be lucky to get 15 mpg out of Moore.

We have got to take better care of the ball this year, but given our perpetual inexperience since [name redacted] came, I'm very concerned. We turned the ball over on %17.1 of possessions last year, which puts us at 285th in the country. Add to that we just lost a senior PG and are asking a freshman, sophomore, and a transfer to run our offense, and it may not bode well.

Spot on. Hopefully Crawford has a tighter handle this season. Wilbekin will continue to get significant minutes because he doesn't turn the ball over (only 18 turnovers last year compared to Crawford's 106). But, man, we've got to start making FT's. 23/38 (60.5%) against Pidemont is unacceptable. Collins and Moore simply have to stay out of foul trouble. At least we'll be bringing in a very big body with Sam. I think his soft hands around the basket are going to surprise a lot of people as the season goes on and his conditioning improves.

I think not having that senior PG will be a big improvement on the offensive end.

Back