• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Syracuse - 8pm Tip - Discussion/Predictions/GameThread

I saw an article that said this is the first time we've ever played Syracuse in the Dome. Hard to believe if true.

We've only played them twice. Last year at the Joel (are we still calling it that?) and at MSG for 2001 Preseason NIT Championship. Both games were Ls for Wake.

DirecTV is doing a free preview week for ESPN Full Court, so if you have DirecTV you'll get it on some channel or another.

This is good news. Thanks for the heads up.

ESPN3 should also be an option if your area isn't included in the list of Raycom affiliates.
Which, again, Richmond isn't. Looks like another Chromecast evening for me.

Stations carrying the game. Guess I'm using the ACC Digital App tonight.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-network-affiliates-wake-forest-at-syracuse-01-13-2015

Damn, this is the second game of three that has no chance of being broadcast in WNC. Oh, for the return of bygone days when Wake was taking the floor, you could at least count on one of the two Asheville-based stations to pick it up. I won't be home when the game starts, and had hoped to record it to watch upon my return later this evening.

My ESPN3 experiences lately have led to some near-seizure type involuntary responses with the jumpy feed...even when it's an archived play-back. Damn.

ETA...didn't see the Full Court post. Will have to check that out! "Preciate the hip!

Last edited:
Wake-77
Cuse-69

Wilbekin and Hudson must be BIG factors for this to come true. Believe it will be tough sledding for DT tonight.

Wake-77
Cuse-69

Wilbekin and Hudson must be BIG factors for this to come true. Believe it will be tough sledding for DT tonight.
Color me extremely surprised if we score 77 on this defense in the Carrier Dome.

If I'm not mistaken, the Deacs are on an 8-0 ATS run.

Date Opp Score Line
1/10 GT W 76-69 -3.0
1/7 DUKE L 65-73 +15.0
1/4 LOU L 76-85 +13.0
12/31 PRIN W 80-66 -4.5
12/28 @RICH W 65-63 +6.5
12/22 BUCK W 60-53 +6.5
12/20 @FLA L 50-63 +14.0
12/14 SAM W 86-68 -18.0

Tulsa also was the best ATS team in the nation last year

I like the Deacs in this one. I've been impressed with Manning's game plans in ACC play thus far, and think he'll utilize Devin & McClinton well at the high post, creating looks for our shooters. Gotta have length on Cooney all game (Hudson/Madison/McClinton).

Everyone underestimates home court advantage. Deacs take a step back, lose by double digits.

I really don't expect us to win, but I think we will play well, see improvement, and the long light at the end of the tunnel will be a closer!

odd that you guys in Richmond and Asheville don't get it, yet we do here in Austin

Asheville doesn't get the game? Here in Hickory we get it...

In Asheville, Carolina is USC... Asheville is SEC country.

Back