• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Losing to freaking Carolina would have been unacceptable.

Losing to freaking Carolina would have been unacceptable.

That would have been difficult to accept no doubt. Was a tiny bit worried about Gojo after he let the first set slip away but he proved to be a champion. Would be terrific to get the doubles point against Texas to give ourselves some breathing room though.

I got too #nervous to talk shit to the UVA tennis team I saw recently in an airport. But Jesus I swear if I see the UT tennis team this coming week I'll give 'em a go-mother-fucking-Deacs (!). Definitely going to wear my Wake Tennis shirt all week long in anticipation of this moment.

Saw a UT tennis girl yesterday, but figured that shit-talking would have been misplaced.

That would have been difficult to accept no doubt. Was a tiny bit worried about Gojo after he let the first set slip away but he proved to be a champion. Would be terrific to get the doubles point against Texas to give ourselves some breathing room though.

Incredible three points gojo played down 15-40 at 2-2

Incredible three points gojo played down 15-40 at 2-2

He really played well today against a very tough opponent. Announcers noted that he was 1-3 to start the year but 11-0 since at #1. And of course Petros was absolutely clinical in his destruction at #2. Great performance by the guys. Looking forward to another natty ;)

I got too #nervous to talk shit to the UVA tennis team I saw recently in an airport. But Jesus I swear if I see the UT tennis team this coming week I'll give 'em a go-mother-fucking-Deacs (!). Definitely going to wear my Wake Tennis shirt all week long in anticipation of this moment.

Saw a UT tennis girl yesterday, but figured that shit-talking would have been misplaced.

I am in full support of all of this, but I just want to make sure you know the championship is tomorrow (at 3 pm).

Just an epic win. What a group of warriors! The most mentally tough team I've ever seen at WF. Can you imagine if the basketball team was this mentally tough minded? Clutch is just not accurate enough for this team and coach. The past 2 matches have been real battles, especially after losing the doubles point. Tough as nails.

There were complaints when the bracket was released, but the wins over UVA and UNC have been extremely satisfying

I would like to see the tennis channel cover the matches like red zone. The excitement of the matches are incredible in person. In fact just watching game tracker is more nerve racking then how the tennis TV channel covers it.

Rafi, how about a break down of tomorrow’s match.

A good sign in doubles is our #1 win today.

I would like to see the tennis channel cover the matches like red zone. The excitement of the matches are incredible in person. In fact just watching game tracker is more nerve racking then how the tennis TV channel covers it.

they've done a few college matches this year but today was the first time i've watched with a rooting interest... probably a question of resources but it was criminal how long they stayed w 1-dubs and then Gojo-Blumberg. if you're going to televise it and block people from streaming individual courts then you have to do the red zone style coverage... not necessarily at that frantic pace but sweet lord don't sit on a court for an entire first set in singles! Either they a)mdidn't have confidence in the announcer's ability to handle multiple courts in succession; b) don't have the production/truck staff to help tell the story of the match or c) they just chose to stick on one court. Could've easily been much more compelling television, especially for neutrals who aren't that familiar w the college setup

Did Gojo say in the post-match interview that he did not sleep at all last night due to illness? If so, that makes his performance all the more impressive. Yet it also worries me about tomorrow.

Maybe I misunderstood what he said.

I am in full support of all of this, but I just want to make sure you know the championship is tomorrow (at 3 pm).
Thanks, rafi! I knew but I was caught up in the moment. I'll be on campus tomorrow and talk shit to whoever i see.

Go Deacs

You can still watch on NCAA.com I think and see each court you want to by clicking on the court # link.

Rafi, how about a break down of tomorrow’s match.

A good sign in doubles is our #1 win today.

I don't know them that well. If you follow Bobby Knight on twitter he'll have a great breakdown, with predictions, soon. They are obviously a solid team. Sigsgaard at 1 is good, but beatable. Ito at 2 is really, really good, and he'll give Petros a very tough match. I think they put Banzer at 6, and he is a really tough out.

Back