• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest to Allow Beer and Wine Sales at BB&T Field

6a0133f43e6da8970b014e8bb4e2fa970d-800wi

Just make all of Deacon Hill the alcohol area. Kids dont need a place to run around, thats what the tailgate is for. How hilarious would it be watching drunk people going and down the hill?

They do it all the time already.

They've built up the tavern a little more, but the situation is still shitty. The line is gigantic, since they only allow a set number of people. The line moves slowly or not at all because people hang out.

They've completely misjudged demand.

How can you underestimate demand for beer at a sporting event?

Huge line today. Lots of confused Army fans in line. Cut my losses after a few minutes and went back to the tailgate.

Sorry to run counter to the general trend, but I'm not a big fan of drinks in the tower and not a big fan of this, esp so close to the hill (which I think of as the kids area). I'd be ok with a dry stadium. (Which I know wouldn't happen).

Sorry to run counter to the general trend, but I'm not a big fan of drinks in the tower and not a big fan of this, esp so close to the hill (which I think of as the kids area). I'd be ok with a dry stadium. (Which I know wouldn't happen).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm at the games with my kids, so getting drunk at games is a thing of the past for me, and I don't like too many drunk obnoxious opposing team fans around (NCSU and Clemson the worst, since they're stupid AND drunk). However, any way Wake can get more money for the program without me donating more, I'm all for it.

Huge line today. Lots of confused Army fans in line. Cut my losses after a few minutes and went back to the tailgate.

My wife explained to one of the confused fans, "we were a Baptist school until not too long ago."

I'm glad beer is available inside the stadium, but it doesn't sound like it's worth altering the tried and true method of bringing in airplane bottles.

---Somebody from the Class of '92 that still needs alcohol to watch Wake football

The setup is a disaster. It's just a mass of people in front of the beer tent that has to be told every 10 minutes to form 2 single file lines and doesn't. Then they keep us penned in so we can be contained. It is typical Wake-- misguided and condescending. Just sell beer with the concessions everywhere in the stadium and quit acting like your fans don't want to drink. But this is the school that is sitting on its hands with the non-development of Baity St., so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The setup is a disaster. It's just a mass of people in front of the beer tent that has to be told every 10 minutes to form 2 single file lines and doesn't. Then they keep us penned in so we can be contained. It is typical Wake-- misguided and condescending. Just sell beer with the concessions everywhere in the stadium and quit acting like your fans don't want to drink. But this is the school that is sitting on its hands with the non-development of Baity St., so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

There is nothing more embarrassing than the empty lot on the corner of Deacon Blvd. and University with the "Deacon Tailgate Town" sign. It is symbolic of Wake sports recently.

Back