• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

love me some Phonzo he has been going off on twitter tonight

AlphonsoSmith2 Alphonso Smith
Black&Gold til the day the Lord call me home.. I'm rolling with everyone that's affiliated with Wake.. As for the rest, it's pending..
49 minutes ago

As for the Fans... more of that girl powder blue color than the black & gold.. Perhaps, Front-runners!?? Get to the games and cheer..
57 minutes ago
Alphonso Smith
All of the students need to show up at the freaking games too... Who cares about a record; support your peers it's college for God sake!

It's disrespectful.. Show some respect.. And then the Goats had the nerve to start their chant in the Joel.. Smh!! Wanted to fight them all!

love me some Phonzo he has been going off on twitter tonight

Black&Gold til the day the Lord call me home.. I'm rolling with everyone that's affiliated with Wake.. As for the rest, it's pending..
49 minutes ago

As for the Fans... more of that girl powder blue color than the black & gold.. Perhaps, Front-runners!?? Get to the games and cheer..
57 minutes ago
Alphonso Smith
All of the students need to show up at the freaking games too... Who cares about a record; support your peers it's college for God sake!

It's disrespectful.. Show some respect.. And then the Goats had the nerve to start their chant in the Joel.. Smh!! Wanted to fight them all!

Love him.

Potential future Deacs discussed on twitter:

JaysonSwain Jayson Swain
Oh well.. RT @nlivesayhoops: @JaysonSwain @wesrucker247 @Vols_Beat here in SC, Gaffney fans are saying Quinshad Davis to Wake Forest

WillGunter247 William Gunter
Rumors here tonight from Gaffney fans that WR Quinshad Davis will pick Wake Forest tom over UNC and Tennessee.

yea on the previous page there are about 4 post of those same tweets.

Potential future Deacs discussed on twitter:

JaysonSwain Jayson Swain
Oh well.. RT @nlivesayhoops: @JaysonSwain @wesrucker247 @Vols_Beat here in SC, Gaffney fans are saying Quinshad Davis to Wake Forest

WillGunter247 William Gunter
Rumors here tonight from Gaffney fans that WR Quinshad Davis will pick Wake Forest tom over UNC and Tennessee.
:woot: :eek:hnoes: :popcorn:

now a lot of tweets say he is leaning towards UNC.

Ehh, bud seems like most 19-20 yo, gets a little too hung up on lady problems.

Duncan to Duke and watch Davis end up at Carolina. Shiiiiiiit. . .

Gary Brackett of the Colts was on the SVP show yesterday from Indy. Very bright guy who talked openly about he believed was his greatest accomplishment in football - playing at Rutgers, which allowed him to be the first in his family to earn a college degree. As he said, football will end for him in the next few years, and at 35, what will he do? The skills he acquired in college will serve him for a lifetime. Bud's a big part of this program and I hope he realizes that despite his frustrations, what he's getting here in return is invaluable.

Are athletes required to meet with academic advisers or must they request help?

I believe study hall with tutors is mandatory. Wake has a good graduation rate for athletes for a reason.

I think they have both required tutoring and study hall

Study Hall is mandatory for all freshman athletes. "At risk" athletes are required to attend bi-weekly tutoring for each course and additional mandatory study hall hours.

I have been told by the head of the academic support department at a major university that with all the help available to athletes, there is simply no excuse for an athlete to flunk out of college. When that happens apparently it involves blatant indifference by the student-athlete.

This is absolutely the case. All of the necessary support is there; if the athlete is struggling, it is not because the help was not available.

Shocking, I tell you. Shocking. One of these years we will breakthrough...

Never going to happen. Wake Forest just doesn't resonate with the "pick a hat" guys. They are more about glitz and glamour and bling and all that other bullshit.

Never going to happen. Wake Forest just doesn't resonate with the "pick a hat" guys. They are more about glitz and glamour and bling and all that other bullshit.

Kind of agree. When you have a "pick a hat" ceremony, you want everyone in the room to cheer and go crazy. Wake doesn't inspire that kind of pandemonium in crowds...

Such a weak argument.

What is the background behind Josh Harris' tweet today talking about walkons?

Post it. Probably has to do with the walk ons taking the scholly that he wanted for his buddy, Deion Sanders, Jr.

No it has something to do with the fact that walk ons have to pay their own way. He appears respectful of walk ons.

He's very respectful of walk ons. He reads the boards from time to time, may have read people talking about giving the walk ons schollies.

Back