• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Could also relate to the students at the school. The school is like a country club at times.

Definitely. Tough change for a kid from Pahokee or pretty much anywhere.

Hopefully Phonz is on the case.

I don't think Bud would transfer unless he's ineligible. Phonso will talk to him I'm sure, it was the reason he came here in the first place.

I probably have very little in common with Spud, and I also think Wake is money-grubbing, did not relate to people at times and considered transferring. I just didn't air it out on Twitter or Facebook. I internalized it, thereby blacking out a lot and engaging in self-destructive behavior instead. A few tweets won't hurt anyone. Hopefully, the coaches are monitoring and offer guidance as is their duty.

How strong and effective is the academic support provided to athletes at Wake?

Are athletes required to meet with academic advisers or must they request help?

How strong and effective is the academic support provided to athletes at Wake?

Are athletes required to meet with academic advisers or must they request help?

I believe study hall with tutors is mandatory. Wake has a good graduation rate for athletes for a reason.

If Bud transfers, I might have to become a So. Cal or Texas fan. . .

Side note... There is a company now called Varsity Monitor that allows universities to outsource their social media watchdog-ing. Among their featured clients they feature UNC and Texas. A friend at an SEC school told me that her school originally only required football and men's basketball players to be monitored but they later extended it to all sports (she's on the equestrian team.)

Damn. . .that sounds like a pretty good business plan. Why didn't I think of that?

Damn. . .that sounds like a pretty good business plan. Why didn't I think of that?

No joke. Very smart. Probably could extend that to the private sector.

I'm sticking to my theory that he's gotten like 5 parking tickets from Wake in the past week. I've been in that boat, and my tweets would have looked about the same.

It's not just tutoring that helps athletes professors conveniently pair top students with athletes for group projects. I recall "editing" a number of "group" papers in English and Econ. The professors would tell me I want you to help so and so on this project.

I have been told by the head of the academic support department at a major university that with all the help available to athletes, there is simply no excuse for an athlete to flunk out of college. When that happens apparently it involves blatant indifference by the student-athlete.

“@KevJr9: Only a month till I put them pads back on... I've missed you love http://lockerz.com/s/179532206” hahaha junior put on about 15 lbs..
23 minutes ago
Matt James
MattJames919 Matt James
UNC vs WAKE bball game tonight and I will be in attendance, its gonna be live!
30 minutes ago
KiDD BlAsT
MonopolyMoney_7 KiDD BlAsT
I just want to apologize to my fans & all of the supporters & my alumni just was caught up in the moment hope you all can forgive me..#Deacs

Why did it take Bud 1.5 years to realize Wake is a country club? He should have figured that out before he ever committed.

Hoping this is a girl problem and nothing more.

Edit: whew, just saw james' post.

Last edited:
“@KevJr9: Only a month till I put them pads back on... I've missed you love http://lockerz.com/s/179532206” hahaha junior put on about 15 lbs..
23 minutes ago
Matt James
MattJames919 Matt James
UNC vs WAKE bball game tonight and I will be in attendance, its gonna be live!
30 minutes ago
KiDD BlAsT
MonopolyMoney_7 KiDD BlAsT
I just want to apologize to my fans & all of the supporters & my alumni just was caught up in the moment hope you all can forgive me..#Deacs

All is forgiven, I assure you! (Well can't quite speak for your coaches).

All is definitely forgiven. Please don't ever scare us like that again....can't wait to see you on the field again next season, Bud.

Back