• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Any sd's want to start a thread and tell us how this went?

It went really well. Coach Bz, Coach Nix and Coach Lepore were there. Unfortunately they had to leave early since they had dinner with the Serbian recruit. I wasn't close to Bzz so I didn't hear a whole lot about the players and other stuff. I can tell you that Green is now up to 216lbs and he should gain more weight before the season starts.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure we'll have a story up on it like we did when a couple guys got the chance to sit behind the bench.

It was a good time. [Redacted] is a really nice guy and is legitimately interested in listening to the fans and anything people have to say that can make the program better moving forward. I had a good time.

_proxy

Yeah I'm sure we'll have a story up on it like we did when a couple guys got the chance to sit behind the bench.

It was a good time. [Redacted] is a really nice guy and is legitimately interested in listening to the fans and anything people have to say that can make the program better moving forward. I had a good time.

Did you pull a twin switch on us?

The article: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2012/5/3/2996642/wake-will-rise-again

I have an opinion. It's not popular, but I truly believe that Jeff [Redacted] can lead Wake Forest to greatness. I realize the last two years have been far from greatness, given our 21-42 record, but I still believe. After the jump I'll tell you exactly why I feel that way. I hope that this article can bring about a healthy conversation.

I understand I'll probably get burned for the piece, but I really think we are going in a positive direction. I appreciate and welcome all other perspectives.

Does he consider this upcoming season as a team that is Jr/Sr lead and can compete for a championship? His two best players are a senior & junior and after this season, we are waiting until the Super 7 are Jr/Sr's & that would mean year 5 & 6 of the Buzz era. Hard to believe any coach that is looking at his 5th or 6th year as a time to finally compete.
Also the difference in circumstance of what Crean had to do and what Buzz was asked to do is night & day. Crean fielded a baseball team his first season. He also has made IU the place for in state talent to want to come to. Buzz has some work to do before NC's talent is looking past Duke, UNC, & NC State to be Deacs.

I hope we get good kids that reflect well on Wake but big time basketball requires top talent. Codi is a good player, all the others come with question marks. The cuse and pitt will soon add to our misery. There is no one in the pipeline for 2013 at least right now. Tell me how you define success for the program?

Cum, what's the difference between your piece and the talking points we've seen from Wellman and Bz over the last 2 years?

I ask that because you either fed him a question or walked right into a common talking point: "
I asked him about the parallels he saw between Wake Forest's turnaround and that of Indiana, which is currently preseason No. 1 in the nation."

That's fine if you're going to bring of the difference between Indiana's basketball history and Wake's and between Tom Crean's record and Bz'. But you didn't. It comes across as a fluff piece. How can you accept the "junior-senior laden team" bit when (1) it doesn't reflect the realities of college basketball, (2) even if it did, those teams only come around every 3-4 years, and (3) he lost 4 players out of a 5 man class that supposed to help us get to a "junior-senior laden" team.

I think many of us who were student leaders at Wake at some point had some meeting with administrators where we got sodaed and dined and got what we thought was a sincere invitation for input. Eventually we learned that it was mostly BS and we were the audience, not them.

I think many of us who were student leaders at Wake at some point had some meeting with administrators where we got sodaed and dined and got what we thought was a sincere invitation for input. Eventually we learned that it was mostly BS and we were the audience, not them.

Ding. But I've always been a cynical asshole so I doubt I would be swayed by a nice meal and a smile.

I mean, look, anybody who says they believe [Redacted] will lead us to greatness at this point is just relying on pure faith and not facts. Also this bullshit about not compromising values can officially stop with the Euro recruitment. Complete horseshit.

At least the lady on WXII had the balls to ask Buzz some real questions. You just agree to the AD talking points and blogged about it. Cum, how does Buzz's dick taste?

Seriously, Buzz's career record is:132–147
Tom Crean's: 242-169 (.589)
NOT COMPARABLE

If we had TOM CREAN then maybe Wake Fans would believe in a turn around!

Childress was a complete dick on the court as a player too. I guess it didn't compromise our values because we won a lot of games then.

Another criticism of the junior-senior laden team perspective is that to have junior-senior laden teams that contend for national championships, you need freshman-sophomore laden teams that make the NCAA Tournament.

Another criticism of the junior-senior laden team perspective is that to have junior-senior laden teams that contend for national championships, you need freshman-sophomore laden teams that make the NCAA Tournament.

To be fair, WF doesn't know that this team with multiple freshmen and sophomores playing important roles won't make the NCAA tourney next season.

This outreach is better late than never but Bz doesn't get to push the reset button. This is his third season not his first.

Back