• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. Duke Game Thread

Wake trivia.......

Yesterday (Sept 10) was Arnold Palmer's birthday.
Wake has a 7-1 record when playing on Arnie's birthday.

The only big question I had yesterday was not kicking the field goal on 4th down from, I think our 28 or 29. There was a wind in the face, but the scoreboard was right behind the goalposts, blocking most of the wind.

I'm a big proponent of going for it on 4th down, but the kick there might have been a higher Win Expectancy change than going for it.

I agree with this.

I was at the game yesterday. Duke did a nice job on their new stadium. Ours is still better but at least theirs doesn't have a track around it anymore or feel like a high school stadium.

It's still kind of shitty that the opposing team has to run out to the parking lot to the visitor's locker room.

It probably wasn't shown on TV but Duke inducted some people in to their hall of fame yesterday including Shane Battier and Grant Hill. How in the blue hell are you just now inducting Grant Hill in to your hall of fame?

Great job by both bands yesterday. I was about as far away as possible from the Wake band and could hear them loud and clear. Duke's band did a great job and their halftime show was fun.

The fans were good. No one around us gave my family shit for wearing Wake gear and audibly pulling for Wake. All in all it was a fun day, made better by the win.

I and my family went to the game and after the first three possessions was about ready to go home. It was so hot after walking 20 minutes to get there and we were playing so badly. So glad we stayed to witness what I think will be the turning point in the Clawson era. Reminds me of the 2006 game although I know we won't be winning the ACC this year��.

I was at the game yesterday. Duke did a nice job on their new stadium. Ours is still better but at least theirs doesn't have a track around it anymore or feel like a high school stadium.

It's still kind of shitty that the opposing team has to run out to the parking lot to the visitor's locker room.

It probably wasn't shown on TV but Duke inducted some people in to their hall of fame yesterday including Shane Battier and Grant Hill. How in the blue hell are you just now inducting Grant Hill in to your hall of fame?

Great job by both bands yesterday. I was about as far away as possible from the Wake band and could hear them loud and clear. Duke's band did a great job and their halftime show was fun.

The fans were good. No one around us gave my family shit for wearing Wake gear and audibly pulling for Wake. All in all it was a fun day, made better by the win.

I had the exact same thought about Grant Hill. Duke's stadium also looks much better now.

Was talking to my dad after the game yesterday and we agreed that it felt (obviously) like a turning point in multiple ways. Not only is this the "put up or shut up" season for Claw, but after the week 1 stinker, this game would have needed to be statement regardless. To do it against an ACC team (!) on the road (!!) and to look fairly convincing while doing it (!!!) is terrific but, even more so, it wasn't Syracuse or UVA or BC. It was Duke. The team that, after years of domination, totally surpassed us during our expected post-OB spotlight. To have this win be against them, at Wally, was amazing.

Great job by Claw and the boys. Can't wait for next week!

Man the dook msg boards are delightful right now

Duke was his very first offer. It came in his sophomore year. He received an offer from every D1 school in NC, except UNC.

The pass protection was pretty darn good on that play.

Pass protection was good but notice that we kept seven (7) to block - the OL plus Cam (TE) and RB. Not disagreeing - provided time for the longer pass, but required the WR to make a play to get open.

Back