• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Toward the end of the Grobe era, there was an issue with the S&C coach. A lot of players were conditioning on their own with a guy not affiliated with WFU. Camp (and a few others) was training with his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S&C changed over a decade. We didn't change with it. Also our facilities were horrible.

S&C changed over a decade. We didn't change with it. Also our facilities were horrible.

I think that is an excellent point. S&C techniques are changing rapidly and I did get the impression that the former S&C coach was kind of stuck in his ways. The facilities were bad and the new building will be a huge improvement. Heck, even having the S&C equipment stuck in the endzone of the indoor practice facility right now is an improvement.

Last edited:
Functional strength is huge, and old school Olympic lifts don't always get you there.

clawson just said in that article he puts importance in the bench, squat, and power cleans. those 3 are as old school as you can get. lift heavy to get strong is a pretty simple principle.

meanwhile someone else said the old s&c coach was into kettlebells, which are fine for mommies trying to tone their ass after baby number 2.

meanwhile someone else said the old s&c coach was into kettlebells, which are fine for mommies trying to tone their ass after baby number 2.

That's a pretty gross generalization of a KettleBell workout. They certainly have a place in a comprehensive S and C program.

i was exaggerating but it should never be something like "the s&c coach at a P5 football program is totally into kettlebells".

So who was Elrod's partner? What a horrible first possession.

I could certainly see a correlation in excessive kettle bell exercises and the inordinate amount of hamstring injuries we suffered during Grobe's last couple seasons.

We're getting a lot of respect from these commentators re: WakeyLeaks. Between this coverage and Clawson's SI piece, I feel like we're coming out of this situation looking really good.

Some Wake fans are mouthing off here in the stands. Not gonna be pretty when you get your face rearranged.

One thing is for sure, Philly fans know how to keep it classy

Some Wake fans are mouthing off here in the stands. Not gonna be pretty when you get your face rearranged.

e25b5653d2fca42e4bc9ec078c4a152c.jpg

Back