• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

I'm not saying that this isn't something that should be investigated and punished. It is. But for the life of me I can't understand the national outrage over a radio guy possibly passing along a few plays to his buddies versus decades of institutionalized systemic blatant cheating by an entire athletic department in most, if not every, sport on campus. One is getting nearly 24/7 coverage for several days now by anybody with access to a microphone. The other is mostly ignored by everyone.
The UNC story? Whatever you think of the resolution it has been discussed from every angle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I didn't bring up the MAC at all.

I already addressed this earlier in this thread like I said. You seem to be the only one stuck on this. Feel free to PM me to discuss it further.

HE'S ON THE ROPES

I was in Louisville today, another rationalization being made by some of their fan base is that Wake really had the advantage during the game, because Louisville didn't know that Wake knew what they knew, so we could have lined up in the formation of the plays in question and then run a different play out of it.

This is one of my favorite posts in the history of the boards.

Btw, I didn't see it here, but a recruit decommitted today. Don't know why, but this scandal is an obvious reason.

I was in Louisville today, another rationalization being made by some of their fan base is that Wake really had the advantage during the game, because Louisville didn't know that Wake knew what they knew, so we could have lined up in the formation of the plays in question and then run a different play out of it.

OMG. :eek: Are you serious? It sounds like Louisville is taking lessons from the Tarholes.

Seems quite strange that neither duke nor army has issued a statement especially since we played them both 2014, 2015, and 2016

More to investigate?

I listened to the Clawson interview this morning on Mike and Mike. I have a feeling there's much more being investigated. While it certainly may be a dead-end, the gambling angle must be pursued in all of this.

With the Joe Mixon video being released, it looks like the shelf life of this story has ended.

Well it was fun while it lasted.

I didn't bring up the MAC at all.

I already addressed this earlier in this thread like I said. You seem to be the only one stuck on this. Feel free to PM me to discuss it further.

I'd like an explanation too. Or at least quote the post you're referring to. As I said before, my experience is that some of the most talented people in the athletic department are Wake alums, at least in part because they stay loyal to the school in the face of "better" offers whereas people "outside the family" don't hesitate to jump.

I keep wondering if Elrod imagined he would be the next Bill Faircloth of the Wake Forest football program.

I keep wondering if Elrod imagined he would be the next Bill Faircloth of the Wake Forest football program.

Committing criminal acts is generally not a good way to start with that endeavor.

Back