• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

The problem is that it's so collateral to the present issue why would anyone start making a big deal about it now, unless of course they were looking for angles to push a different agenda.

Okay, willing to move on. But I saw him getting slammed for this and felt he had a legitimate point.

MAC alternatives? Not sure what you mean.

I'm not saying anything new or crazy. I mentioned them at the beginning of this thread.

I want some substantiation for this nonsense claim about Wake Forest (and not even the athletic department specifically):

i'm tired of the cronyism at MSD. I'm tired of this assumption that people from within the "family" are somehow more virtuous or more qualified than people who aren't Wake alums. Our athletic department keeps getting burned by cronyism. Hire the best people possible instead. Hire winners and then maybe we can win.

Wake, like many other schools, hires and promotes a number of their (non-academic) staff from within. Even if there are more "virtuous or more qualified" people out there. If you were criticizing that practice, then fine. But you suggested that that practice has continually hurt us which is bullshit.

I don't know why this week has turned you into an unthinking contrarian out to blame wake at all costs, but it's a bad look.

And our athletic department has clearly shown a preference for promoting out of the MAC, hence the reference. Probably because many in the administration are themselves MAC alumni.

And if your "burned by cronyism" bit is a specific reference to [Redacted] you'd be right about the circumstances, but contradicting at the same time your argument about Wake.

I think you missed my point, which is that because emails create a paper trail, a coach can avoid the he said/she said problems that you are talking about by putting things in emails.
And a coach offering to provide information can avoid a paper trail by talking on the phone, which is likely the first step. After you refuse said offer, then what? You have zero evidence of what they did even if you reply by email, and it's entirely he said/she said.

It's really easy to think everyone should and would do the 100% ethical thing.......when you know the entire situation in hindsight after an indepth investigation. That just isn't the case real time. I had to inform my HR dept of an problem with an employee. When confronted, said employee then lied and had me investigated, leading to all sorts of BS for 6 months until it all got straightened out. I was put on employment probation, had to meet with the execVP monthly, was going to be forced to go to anger management classes. I had done nothing wrong. But all he had to do was makeup an allegation that appeared worse and one that undermined my credibility.....boom.

When dealing with unethical people, that's what you can get caught up in. It's a risk that most people don't want to take because even if you ultimately get exonerated, the stench from it all sticks. Better to just avoid it in the first place. I think that's what most people would do.

I was in Louisville today, another rationalization being made by some of their fan base is that Wake really had the advantage during the game, because Louisville didn't know that Wake knew what they knew, so we could have lined up in the formation of the plays in question and then run a different play out of it.

I was in Louisville today, another rationalization being made by some of their fan base is that Wake really had the advantage during the game, because Louisville didn't know that Wake knew what they knew, so we could have lined up in the formation of the plays in question and then run a different play out of it.

This is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but, then again, I don't know what I was expecting.

Go to a game at Louisville and you won't ever be surprised again by anything that fan base says or does.

Otherwise known as the Greg Brady Brady Bunch defense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I feel like Bob2 posted his nepotism and wanting the best and most qualified people for the job statement as bait because it is way to easy to bring that quote back to the politics board.

Whomever says that doesn't even understand how pee wee football works. That may be the dumbest assertion on the Internet.

i'll disagree that the biggest story here is that some jackass former assistant in a bunch of gifted positions delivered harmful information about a shitty football team. the bigger story that no one here actually cares about is how corrupt and shitty "non-profit" collegiate sports is.

I'm not saying that this isn't something that should be investigated and punished. It is. But for the life of me I can't understand the national outrage over a radio guy possibly passing along a few plays to his buddies versus decades of institutionalized systemic blatant cheating by an entire athletic department in most, if not every, sport on campus. One is getting nearly 24/7 coverage for several days now by anybody with access to a microphone. The other is mostly ignored by everyone.

And our athletic department has clearly shown a preference for promoting out of the MAC, hence the reference. Probably because many in the administration are themselves MAC alumni.

I didn't bring up the MAC at all.

And if your "burned by cronyism" bit is a specific reference to [Redacted] you'd be right about the circumstances, but contradicting at the same time your argument about Wake.

I already addressed this earlier in this thread like I said. You seem to be the only one stuck on this. Feel free to PM me to discuss it further.

Back