• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

FWIW, WF will not play in a tournament against #1 Stanford until and unless both make the NCAA Finals, which is in Scottsdale, AZ again in late May.

Just played Grayhawk out in Scottsdale a month ago - Can't imagine playing from the championship tees

I've never seen someone practice as much as Morgan.

This was years ago... but, the first time I took my father to dinner at our club... On our way in... he commented on Macy hitting shots from the bunker on #18 in fading light around 7:30 p.m.

I just told him "yeah, she's serious and she's going to be very good".

Dad and I had a great, lengthy meal.

As I was walking him out the back entrance around 9:30 p.m., we both realized that Macy was still in the exact same spot. Using her cellphone as a flashlight, propped up in the sand. Hitting the same shot. Over and over again.

I volunteered with her for a Putt Drive & Chip competition a couple of weeks later & mentioned to her what we had witnessed.

She, in a very serious/matter-of-fact tone, told me about an up-and-down she hadn't converted the week before her late practice session & how she was trying to recreate the conditions.

Her approach to making sure it didn't happen again told me everything I need to know about her approach to the game.

This was before the 57.

.... Morgan is nuts, too. They are both psychos that I pull for enthusiastically.

2 shot difference between our #1 and #5; that’s championship golf. All above us have a larger differential. I expect us to either be in the lead or second after tomorrow. Wake women have owned this tournament.

Not sure the deal was with #17 (172 yard par 3), but Rachel Kuehn tripled and Emilia Migliaccio doubled. That one hole cost the Deacs a ton of shots on the field. As good as the Lady Deacs are don't see WF making 16 shots on S. Carolina tomorrow.

Ladies in the clubhouse in 4th place and five strokes back of #3 Auburn, who has just a few holes to play

Worst tourney of the season for the WF women. Even so, out of 16 ranked women's teams, WF will finish 4th. Looks like the Deacs will close with the 2nd lowest round of the day. Only one more tournament before the ACC Championship.

Worst tourney of the season for the WF women. Even so, out of 16 ranked women's teams, WF will finish 4th. Looks like the Deacs will close with the 2nd lowest round of the day. Only one more tournament before the ACC Championship.
it would have likely been good enough to qualify for match play in the ncaas

Best round of the day, actually, with our #1 score not even counting. Rachel bogied the last 2 or we would have moved up another spot. This team has talent and depth for days...

Any Wake women playing in the Augusta women's amateur tournament?

Emilia Keuhn and Chacarra Lopez plays. Emilia made the cut and finished T29 with a 79 at Augusta. Chacarra-Lopez missed the cut by a shot

ACC Women at Sedgefield Country Club week after the Masters. Rachel, Emilia and Caroline didn’t have their best stuff at Augusta and didn’t play well in their last event. Wake women’s golf is about titles so hoping the girls get back on track next week. Conference is a little down this year so hoping we get the repeat w some no for another NCAA run. I played Sedgefield today and it’s not in good shape at all. Hopeful for some warm weather this week to get some grass growing. The course has no rough so accuracy off the tee wont matter much and will bring lesser golfers into the mix.

Men's team with a pretty solid opening round yesterday against a loaded field in Naples. Currently 2nd out of 9th in a field featuring 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in the nation.

UNC unfortunately has some pretty elite talent this year.

Men's team with a pretty solid opening round yesterday against a loaded field in Naples. Currently 2nd out of 9th in a field featuring 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in the nation.

UNC unfortunately has some pretty elite talent this year.
One of the best tournaments of the season for the WF men. 9 team field, including #1 Vandy, #3 UNC and #5 Arizona State. WF was the 7th rated team in the field, and it looks the Deacs will finish 2nd, behind only UNC.

One note #1 Vandy is missing their best player, Gordon Sargent, because he's playing in the Masters.... and blowing the ball past all of the tour pros in the practice rounds.

One of the best tournaments of the season for the WF men. 9 team field, including #1 Vandy, #3 UNC and #5 Arizona State. WF was the 7th rated team in the field, and it looks the Deacs will finish 2nd, behind only UNC.

One note #1 Vandy is missing their best player, Gordon Sargent, because he's playing in the Masters.... and blowing the ball past all of the tour pros in the practice rounds.
But due to a bad fall season. If we don't finish 3rd or better in the ACC tournament we won't even make the regionals which is like 70 or 80 teams due to this .500 rule.

Back