• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Going Back to Cali for the NCAA Title; Women: May 17-22; Men May 24-29

My guess is the pin is short sided next to one of those bunkers and very close to a slope then?
That would make a lot of sense since it sounds like Walsh blew up in one of those bunkers. A tight lie with a short sided bunker would be a nightmare on that green since it'd be super easy to run it right off. And just a general pain in the ass to approach too.

Hoping the ladies finish strong tomorrow and cruise into match play, but the bottom line is ultimately that Stanford is unbeatable.

Hoping the ladies finish strong tomorrow and cruise into match play, but the bottom line is ultimately that Stanford is unbeatable.
I wouldn't go that far. you run into the wrong team on the wrong day. they are certainly the favorite.

Hoping that wrong team is us, on Wednesday, in the Final. It feels like our year.

As bad as were today, we would have only lost 3-2 to Stanford. No such thing as unbeatable in match play.

mostly plus scores to start the day so hopefully we can stay around even and we should be good???

Will be interesting to see how Lauren Walsh plays #4. She had to be thinking about that hole all night.

Emilia blowing up with 2 bogeys and a triple so going to be up to the other 4 to stay solid and not blow up like her. Otherwise could get real interesting....

Of course it COULD get interesting, but we've got a ton of wiggle room. I expect the final cut to be around +12/+13, so that give us 19-20 shots to play with. I think we will be fine and yesterday was a good wakeup call.

Let's get on the other side of the bracket from Stanford, and as a secondary goal, avoid Sakerlina if we can too.

we would have to blow up of epic proportion to be in danger of missing match play.
Absolutely but Lauren was +7 yesterday and Mimi +4 and with Emilia +5 after 4 I naturally get nervous as a WF fan. Will breathe much easier if we get through hole 4 as a team and still around even.

Correct. Cushion has already extended to 15. Anything's possible, but that is a big gap.

i wonder why Kuehn struggles so much on this course? 3rd year playing here and she has never been close to the top of the leaderboard

that 11 nonwithstanding, we have had alot less bogeys and others than all of the top teams, but alot less birdies also. we definitely have to be leading the tournament in pars.

Leading the tournament in par 3 scoring, but Stanford is killing it in par5 scoring. We are pretty conservative team, all things considered.

-3 today so far and all ladies through hole 4 and 18 shots above quarter qualification. Just a matter of seeding at this point and can hopefully hold onto 2/3 seed. Assume no big diff. whether 2 or 3?

Back