• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf - NCAA Men's Regional

How good could Bama have been this year had Bud Cauley stayed?

Between the ACC Championship and this round so far, looks like Beck is back to playing solid golf for us.

Is it three or four players who count toward the score each day?

82 is rough. Our best two players today still have a few more holes. 1 or 2 birdies would help.

+1 for the team. Tied for 8th.

Hole 18 was a killer for us: one birdie, three bogeys, and one double bogey.

Our 4 players that counted today played the last 4 holes +5.

We're only 4 strokes out of 5th. We didn't shoot ourselves out of it today.

+1 for the team. Tied for 8th.

Hole 18 was a killer for us: one birdie, three bogeys, and one double bogey.

Damn Jerry Haas for making the 18th hole so damn hard.

Our 4 players that counted today played the last 4 holes +5.

We're only 4 strokes out of 5th. We didn't shoot ourselves out of it today.

No, we didn't shoot ourselves out of it but that is an epic choke job that we can't afford. We went from within the cut line and challenging for 4th place (-3 under as a team with 4 holes to go) to outside the cut line and tied for 8th, only 1 shot ahead of 10th. It looks like those holes were playing kinda hard, but +5 over 4 holes as a team is a killer - there is a par 5 in there too...

Lee Bedford is the last person you would think would choke away the end of the round.

This happens to us every freakin' NCAA. We hemorrhage strokes at the end of the round.

Correction. We are only 2 shots back.

We absolutely hacked the final 4 holes.

This team is not supposed to advance, so it would be a pretty big deal if they can pull it off the nest couple days. Riviera is one of my favorite courses anywhere and it's going to be an absolutely amazing site for the match play part of the championships.

No, we didn't shoot ourselves out of it but that is an epic choke job that we can't afford. We went from within the cut line and challenging for 4th place (-3 under as a team with 4 holes to go) to outside the cut line and tied for 8th, only 1 shot ahead of 10th. It looks like those holes were playing kinda hard, but +5 over 4 holes as a team is a killer - there is a par 5 in there too...

Hard to call a tough finish on day one an "epic choke job." If this was the last round and we went from under the cut to over, your assessment would be more accurate. We have time to play back under the cut.

Lee Bedford is the last person you would think would choke away the end of the round.

This happens to us every freakin' NCAA. We hemorrhage strokes at the end of the round.

Did we we win one like five years ago?

Hard to call a tough finish on day one an "epic choke job." If this was the last round and we went from under the cut to over, your assessment would be more accurate. We have time to play back under the cut.

Epic is probably too strong a word, but, whether it is the first day or the last day, every stroke counts the same - and failing to close out what was shaping up to be a good round is something of a choke. Believe me, I have been there - you're 75% of the way through a great round and all of a sudden you start thinking about it and bam! it slips away. Not saying that is what happened here, since I have no idea... Maybe those holes are just really hard. I just hated to see us give away those precious strokes...

Update...........
Wake is currently +8 for the day (about halfway thru) and tied for 9th. The course is playing much tougher today. Just about all teams scoring higher today.
We're only 3 shots out of 7th place and 8 out of 5th place. Need a strong back nine today. The final holes yesterday really hurt.

Within 1 stroke of 5th, and the way our cards set up with UNM and UNCW, I suspect we will be 5th by the end of the day.

Scratch that. UNM got hot and picked up 2 strokes. But being 6th and in the same group as them would be a good thing, IMO.

Last edited:
Back