• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Maryland Game Thread

Bzz

- give them credit they were operating on all cylnders, they were making them inside and outside YOU OBVIOUSLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT
- they are a long team, they shot over us, their length bothered us YOU STARTED THREE GUARDS, YOU FUCKING IDIOT
- we got off to a good start, but they widened the gap, they scored in a variety of ways YOU WERE DOWN 5 AT THE FIRST TO. DOUBLE DIGITS AFTER 10 MINS. GREAT START
- they scored inside and outside SUCKS HOW THE GAME OF BASKETBALL IS ONLY ONE TEAM GOING AGAINST THIN AIR
- to be honest we started doubling in the 2nd half, it bothered them a little but they still made shots GREAT ADJUSTMENT AFTER BEING DOWN 17 POINTS...AND IT DIDN'T WORK, DUMBASS
- they were scoring in such a variety of ways it was difficult AGAIN, SUCKS HOW WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING WHEN A TEAM TRIES TO SCORE AGAINST YOU
- codi 1-6 in 1st half, 5-9 in the 2ndUM OK?
- Washington got some valuable minutesUM OK?
- we have to get ready for another ACC game on Tuesday KILL YOURSELF
- big focus to limit to's, but we didn't defend at all and when you allow a great rebounding team to fuel their offense YOU STARTED THREE GUARDS AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST REBOUNDING TEAM IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL
- getting on the plane back to winston, practice tomorrow for the game on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Turgeon: "You take away turnovers and it could have been really fun today."

Besides adding another debacle to Dan's list, some of our low lights

CJ - 7 total shots?????
Devin - 2 rebounds (Chase had 3 rbs!)
Moto - 0-5
Cav - 1-5
Chase 1-6 (but he finally made his first 3 since UVA)

Yeah, Maryland turned the ball over 19 times. Holy smokes, it could've easily been a 35 point win.

KILL YOURSELF

You do realize Stan asks Bzz questions that he responds to right?

Stan asked him about Codi being more aggressive and getting some time for other players.

codi 1-6 in 1st half, 5-9 in the 2ndUM OK?
- Washington got some valuable minutesUM OK?

Any school honestly committed to athletics would have ended this by now.

Therein lies my concern: that the university does not care about athletics at this point. If that is the case, someone needs to come forth and state this. I think I could at least deal with that. Stop wasting university time and resources on athletics. Otherwise, stop with this farce and get a decent basketball coach (and as much as I like Grobe, stop overpaying for mediocre results in football).

It's pretty clear that the blame goes to all the high rollers and the administration who purports to care but let this happen under their noses.

To allow a team to shoot 67% for a game is just pathetic. As was mentioned about how much of a god damn asshole this guy is, we start a 3 guard lineup vs the best rebounding team in America. He is just bad in all aspects of coaching.

- getting on the plane back to winston, practice tomorrow for the game on Tuesday.DON"T DO THIS IT WILL ONLY HURT THE TEAM --- HOLD PRACTICE ONLY IF YOU DON"T GO

Just read the last couple of pages. This game was all about FG% D and rebounding. We were literally doubled up on the boards. And MD got every shot they wanted - we contested nothing. The only reason they didn't score on every possession was because they missed open shots (that they often rebounded) and made a ton of unforced TOs. I feel like a broken record, but FG% D is the most important stat in college ball. We simply do not know how to defend, nor does Buzzdick know how to teach defense. This is the main reason we can't win on the road. We can outscore the occasional team at home, especially if they have an off day, like State and UVA did. But ain't no way you're winning a road game against a decent opponent when you can't hold them under 50%. Today MD shot 67%.

Where are the Schwabber and Jaybone idiot brothers this afternoon?

Just read the last couple of pages. This game was all about FG% D and rebounding. We were literally doubled up on the boards. And MD got every shot they wanted - we contested nothing. The only reason they didn't score on every possession was because they missed open shots (that they often rebounded) and made a ton of unforced TOs. I feel like a broken record, but FG% D is the most important stat in college ball. We simply do not know how to defend, nor does Buzzdick know how to teach defense. This is the main reason we can't win on the road. We can outscore the occasional team at home, especially if they have an off day, like State and UVA did. But ain't no way you're winning a road game against a decent opponent when you can't hold them under 50%. Today MD shot 67%.

Where are the Schwabber and Jaybone idiot brothers this afternoon?

LOL, I just read the "where's Schwabber" tag, as well

I can't believe there aren't a bunch of BOT'ers who are TICKED at what RW has imposed on our basketball tradition and DEMANDING change. Tell me...does no one but the "measly" fans care? Is no one bringing any pressure to end this outrageous experiment in hiring a lackluster, loser buddy to run a once proud and beloved show?

Edit to add: I can't stand Ron Wellman.

Another gem. Fire this man. For the love of god fire this man.

Guys, as bad as this was, it doesn't even register on the top ten embarrassments of the past 2.5 seasons. Think about that.

It MIGHT make the Top 15.

Back