• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Most Likely to Upset

Beating App St would not qualify as an "upset"

Small time mentality

This is correct. Wake opens as -3.5, but there is a pretty wide spread between Sagarin and Football Study Hall again. Sagarin likes the Deacs by 9, while FSH (should come out today with updated week 3 lines) will be somewhere around a toss-up to 3 point Wake favorite.

Go watch App's last game, which they should have lost. Dominated statistically. I look at an App win as a major upset after watching them play.

Go watch App's last game, which they should have lost. Dominated statistically. I look at an App win as a major upset after watching them play.

I watched the end of this where they allowed Texas State (129th in S&P out of 130 FBS teams) to go 98 yards to nearly tie the game in 2 minutes.

App State did not look good Week 1 against Georgia.

We would not have either.

Small time or not, Wake has been bottom feeding in our conference, P5 or not, and App has been winning their conference, Sunbelt or not. A win at App would be a huge positive for us right now, especially an impressive win.

If we just stay steady during App's overly amped and jacked up five minutes to open the game and don't turn the ball over we are going to kick their ass. Better at virtually every position on the field.

Small time or not, Wake has been bottom feeding in our conference, P5 or not, and App has been winning their conference, Sunbelt or not. A win at App would be a huge positive for us right now, especially an impressive win.

We would have looked better against Georgia than App state did. IOW, we wouldn't have been down 31-0 to a backup QB.

lol no

This should be an expected win. Nobody outside the program will go, "oh would you look at that! Wake Forest won at Appalachian State! What an impressive win!"

That isn't happening. Small time.

lol no

This should be an expected win. Nobody outside the program will go, "oh would you look at that! Wake Forest won at Appalachian State! What an impressive win!"

That isn't happening. Small time.

A win is a big positive for us, whether we expect it or not. Starting 4-0 is all most a must with our remaining schedule, so Saturday is a huge game any way you slice it. Not really because it's App St and there is some rivalry there, but because they're the next opponent on the schedule.

Nah we are gonna lose to FSU and Clemson then win six straight to finish the year

A win is a big positive for us, whether we expect it or not. Starting 4-0 is all most a must with our remaining schedule, so Saturday is a huge game any way you slice it. Not really because it's App St and there is some rivalry there, but because they're the next opponent on the schedule.

Entirely different argument. I agree with the one you just gave.

Nah we are gonna lose to FSU and Clemson the win six straight to finish the year

Clawson should get some national coach of the year consideration if that's the case. Would love to see it! Still, App is an important game, because if we don't beat App I don't see us doing what you're saying, so the point still stands.

Getting pleasure beating Appalachian is like enjoying a root canal because half your face is throbbing. Playing them helps their program to a degree. I wound not schedule them or Charlotte ever. The only reason we do it is the money game when they come to Winston. The only fan base that rivals their dog shit behavior in our house are VT goobers. Some of us have these vivid memories.

Clem's son fans aren't the best behaved and fill out the BB&T visitor side as well.

Getting pleasure beating Appalachian is like enjoying a root canal because half your face is throbbing. Playing them helps their program to a degree. I wound not schedule them or Charlotte ever. The only reason we do it is the money game when they come to Winston. The only fan base that rivals their dog shit behavior in our house are VT goobers. Some of us have these vivid memories.

The pleasure of beating them many comes from their fans. Their version of things is App beat Wake every time we've played and we quit scheduling them because we were scared. The truth is Wake has beaten App twice as many times as App beat us and we quit playing them because it made no sense to play them as long as they were FCS. Now, I fully acknowledge it's not good that App beat us as many times as they did as a 1-AA/FCS, but still I find it odd that a fanbase would crow as much as they do given we've beaten them 2 out of every 3 times we've played???

Clem's son fans aren't the best behaved and fill out the BB&T visitor side as well.

I haven't missed a home game since Ga. Tech in 2001. The only times I've seen real trouble in the stands is when State is in town. That's not to say the visits from Clemson, Va. Tech, etc. have been pleasant, but State fans seems real chippy.

Back