• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

I watched Steve Logan's show this AM. While I find him pretty annoying at times, he knows his football.

He was very complementary of Wake and basically said Wake played "harder" and the State drops were in his opinion a function of playing scared. Thought that was pretty interesting. He doesn't sugarcoat anything so quite the complement to our Deacs.

He got blown up on the PAT block against Cuse too.

After it happened at Syracuse, Phil Haynes was in for the next PAT. I think we need to make sure we don't take blocking for PAT's and FG's for granted when the game is on the line. I expected it to cost us the game last night.

Timeouts aren’t that important with clock stopping on first downs. 2 would have been plenty. Plus we’d have only needed a FG. Game is all but over when you win challenge.

Clawson coaches to avoid worst case scenarios. And maybe that’s good or important. But I’d like to see us put it on the line a little more.

Clawson might not have perceived how bad the spot was, either. If some player didn't tell him, I'm not sure there was reason on the sidelines to doubt the official spot.

That was really fun! Great game, great crowd and atmosphere, great outcome for Wake fans.

My favorite Howard play ever.

my favorite Josh Howard memory was him nailing two free throws in Reynolds to clinch the last ever ACC regular season round robin as the ncst fans threw ice and as Brad Daugherty said, "no way the senior is missing these free throws!"

#tiers

Wolford has etched his name among a pretty short list of all-time WF greats, in my opinion

How many rube state fans simultaneously hate colin kaepernick while shouting home of the wolfpack! during the anthem?

I cannot cannot cannot abide State fans. Such a good and necessary win.

Anybody think we could have taken a safety rather than punt? A touchdown wins it whether we are up 6 or 4. No chance for a block and probably would have pushed them much further back.

How many rube state fans simultaneously hate colin kaepernick while shouting home of the wolfpack! during the anthem?

Great question.

They blow their load for military appreciation, and routinely disrespect the Anthem in a much more visible fashion than silent kneeling.

I had the same thought. Many years ago our punter intentionally stepped out of the endzone in a winning game at Kenan, rather than punt from the back of the end zone and give them the ball on our 35 or 40. Clawson probably wished we had done this after watching that personal foul call on Kamara. if you watch the youtube of our sideline after the Bassey pic, Kamara is the only Deac not jumping for joy. I assume he got a pretty good talking to after that play.

Anybody think we could have taken a safety rather than punt? A touchdown wins it whether we are up 6 or 4. No chance for a block and probably would have pushed them much further back.
Think you have to avoid a scrambling situation where we could fumble and give them the ball in the redzone

And a kickoff there probably gets returned to the 30-35, and we punted to the 40

And if they score quick a FG gets you a tie instead of the win.

Yes, I asked that at the time - run off a number of seconds, take safety, and free kick from our 20.

Back