• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

I feel like if we were pinned deeper the safety makes more sense, but I think we were punting from about the 10-15 right? I don't think the 2 points would be worth going that far backwards to get a better line to punt from

I feel like if we were pinned deeper the safety makes more sense, but I think we were punting from about the 10-15 right? I don't think the 2 points would be worth going that far backwards to get a better line to punt from

Do you recall if we were kicking into the wind? Being able to put the ball on a tee and bang it out there might have been worthwhile. I hadn't considered it

How many seconds do you think you could waste there? And also do you trust your punter not to do something stupid there as well. The clock doesn't start on the safety kick until it's touched in bounds by the receiving team correct?

The two points there is worthless unless they missed the extra point which is pretty low probability. If you could burn off another 10 to 15 seconds of game time it would certainly be worth considering

The kickoff would've been into the wind.

Maybe more of a reason to put it on a tee. Kick it away under no pressure. Clearly Dom hurried his punt, and the results weren't terrific. Is it worth two points to tee the ball up and have Weaver bang it deep?

How many seconds do you think you could waste there? And also do you trust your punter not to do something stupid there as well. The clock doesn't start on the safety kick until it's touched in bounds by the receiving team correct?

I do not trust punters or kickers to make any football play with the ball, other than kicking it. Sorry, but garo yepremian and that holder for wake against Clemson in our acc championship year ruined it for all kickers out there.

I think for sure you would kick off. Put it on a tee and let Weaver blast one.

But I'm not convinced taking a safety is the right idea.

He could run straight into the end zone and just wait for someone to tackle him. And it didn't have to be Dom. It could have been a "skill" position player. Wonder how much time that would have taken?

Last edited:
Seems to me in that circumstance if you have a kicker that you trust his accuracy try to do a kick off and kick it out of bounds. I don't think there's any penalty for kicking it out of bounds on a safety kick no?

Never give up on a play.

Anybody think we could have taken a safety rather than punt? A touchdown wins it whether we are up 6 or 4. No chance for a block and probably would have pushed them much further back.

this is a great question and in addition, why not hold a la the Ravens at the end of the Super Bowl a couple of years ago

Put a DB in there to field the snap as the "punter", have him run to the corner of the endzone, tell the protectors to hold like crazy, burn 15-20 seconds

I would never do this without practicing it first but it's an interesting point

Maybe more of a reason to put it on a tee. Kick it away under no pressure. Clearly Dom hurried his punt, and the results weren't terrific. Is it worth two points to tee the ball up and have Weaver bang it deep?

Bad idea, all kickoffs into the wind last night were short pop ups because state has good returners, our kick coverage team is mediocre, and weaver could not get the only one he did not pop up into the end zone leading to a decent return.

What was Findley thinking with that check down?

I thought about asking him at the Village Tavern after the game, but that wouldn’t have been too cool. He was with his girlfriend and family

Wolford should be second team all ACC behind Jackson

Wolford should be first team all-ACC.

His rating is 163.5, tops in the conference. Jackson is second at 149.4

Wolford, Rozier and Jackson are tied for second in the conference with 23 TDs, behind Benkert with 25

Wolford leads the league in yards per attempt with 8.9.

Wolford second in the league with a 65.4 completion percentage, behind Kelly Bryant at 66.2. Jackson at 59.8.

The big difference is rushing with Jackson at 1287/6.8 a carry with 17 TDs
Wolford with 567/5.0 10 TDS.

Jackson is his team's primary ball carrier while Wake has Colburn with 712 yards

Plus Wolford has outperformed expectations and Jackson has not.

Back