• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

they ran 94 plays and held the ball for 41+ minutes

faced 3rd down 23 times and converted them on either 3rd or fourth down 74% of the time

blocked an extra point

muffed a punt and got a touchback out of it (on a stupid rule)

and LOST

what a game
This was like the anti-FSU game. We blew some chances to put it away but still held on.

no matter what the review of the play says... Kamara is a dumbass for that late hit. Just boneheaded.

Meh. That was a weak lil snowflake push

I think we'll see on replay that he took a hilarious, Adnan Januzaj-esque dive. Or Ashley Young-esque, if you prefer.

My favorite win of the season. It's State. We played pretty well on both sides all game against a tough D and talented O. We damage their OB possibilities and help ours. Even if they have a great 9 win season, they lost to LOWF.

Always great to beat the wolfpacks. DEACS!

The odds of getting a first down on O are better than getting a game winning pick in the back of the endzone with 1 sec left.

That's actually not true, but whatever.

they ran 94 plays and held the ball for 41+ minutes

faced 3rd down 23 times and converted them on either 3rd or fourth down 74% of the time

blocked an extra point

muffed a punt and got a touchback out of it (on a stupid rule)

and LOST

what a game

Win > stats
Great win by the Deacs!

A lot of calls this year of balls being fumbled near or through the end zone. Glad one went our way!

State will likely finish 2nd with a win over the holes, but a win would give us 8 wins a winning conference record

I'll never understand not trying to get the first, especially when you know you're giving up good field position.

Time isn't going to run out on a team with 50 seconds and the ball near midfield. It's going to come down to getting 4 stops anyway, so why not go for the first down?

I agree. It didn’t have to be the nail biter it was. But yay Deacs!

Last edited:
A little bummed that Wolford couldn't continue his 300yd/3TD streak to 4 games, but that's a bit greedy.

Simply put... if you are a fan of college football you had to love that game...the momentum swings, the big offensive plays, a blocked pat, the fumble at the goal line, a last chance effort, thwarted by big defensive plqys... the game had it all! Very entertaining and the good guys won and covered!

I barely celebrated the end zone fumble pending review. Every replay shown was inconclusive. I doubt any angle would have been conclusive. Did they show a replay of the 4th down spot? I never got an idea as to whether it was a good spot or not. Sweet win no matter what.

Exhale. It is more fun to win a game on the last play than lose. That is the definition of bend but don't break defense. Force and recover a fumble at the last possible moment to prevent a TD and intercept a pass in the end zone as the game ends. Have fun tonight fellas. You earned it

Blanton's is a winner for me. Big pour here. SO happy!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot find Blanton’s in Texas anymore. Was just told people get on a waitlist for it. Until recently it was no problem. Hoping to get a bottle in Kentucky next month.

Between the 4th down spot and the endzone fumble, neither team should have gotten both calls.

Wow! State had 41 minutes of possession and we only had it 19! And we FUCKING WON!

I'll never understand not trying to get the first, especially when you know you're giving up good field position.

Time isn't going to run out on a team with 50 seconds and the ball near midfield. It's going to come down to getting 4 stops anyway, so why not go for the first down?

shocking how few coaches understand this simple concept

although Finley did lend some support for it with his stupid throw over the middle of the field

Back