• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake opened -5.5 -now -4.5

They're missing their best three point shooter (Poole), one of their best players overall (Carter), and just lost a guy who plays a few minutes here and there likely for the rest of the season (Morris). They have a couple guys who will be tough to defend overall, but we're an 8 point favorite on KenPom (which takes into account a decent amount of the season this year where Tech has had these aforementioned injured players), have only lost three home games over two seasons, and somehow are only a 4.5 favorite? Seems very weird.

Wake would have to play their worst game of the year to lose this one.

I'm not saying this to add to or diminish anything Wake is doing/has done/will do, but this is going to be the third team we've played in four games with at least two solid contributors out due to injury/academics/whatever.

You can only beat who is on your schedule when you play them, but it would be similar to a full strength squad playing Wake without Coron and somebody like Cav or Moto. It would be difficult to see Wake winning a lot of games that way. It is what it is though.

This is the 8th out of the last 10 that the Las Vegas has had their spread at least 1.5 points worse for Wake than the Kenpom score projection. Many of those up to 3-4 pts. It's pretty clear that Vegas thinks we are weaker than even our Kenpom ratings. Perhaps because our 3 point % defense is so good and that is luck and they can adjust for that.

WF would probably only be a neutral court favorite over 3 ACC teams at the moment. ND would be close with all their issues but I still don't think so.

Going white

fdbee3488b5611e3b0011203b0247fd0_8.jpg

WRS....the game is on NESN Plus today right? Obviously that blacks us out of the game on ESPN3 and I have no idea if I get it or not.

WRS....the game is on NESN Plus today right? Obviously that blacks us out of the game on ESPN3 and I have no idea if I get it or not.

I don't see it at all in my TV listings. NESN+ is showing as "Off Air" and the TV38 channel that has been showing most of our games is showing BC.

Never mind I just actually flipped to NESN+ and it has a graphic up showing Wake/GT at 12.

Yeah were last in the pecking order of three games. nesn is showing "bruins blast" or some shit

Guess ill hit up a bar rather than find other illegal Internet sources. Noon drinking. Thanks [Redacted].

They're missing their best three point shooter (Poole), one of their best players overall (Carter), and just lost a guy who plays a few minutes here and there likely for the rest of the season (Morris). They have a couple guys who will be tough to defend overall, but we're an 8 point favorite on KenPom (which takes into account a decent amount of the season this year where Tech has had these aforementioned injured players), have only lost three home games over two seasons, and somehow are only a 4.5 favorite? Seems very weird.

Wake would have to play their worst game of the year to lose this one.

Dare to dream. Go Tech!

Guess ill hit up a bar rather than find other illegal Internet sources. Noon drinking. Thanks [Redacted].

Just not Yard House because...you know...they don't have that channel.

Back