• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/Pitt

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Line opens at -6-6.5.

If we can slow one of their big two, it could be a double digit win.

GO DEACS!!!!

Of course not, we can lose the rest of regular season games; JC, Keyshawn and Bryant can be out and then we can win the ACCT to get in.

I still think 2 of 3 gets us awfully close, especially if one of them is Louisville. If we beat UL then I think all of those close losses to tournament teams are now framed in a "they finally got over the hump and are peaking at the right time" kind of way rather than "good metrics but can they beat tournament teams."

That's especially true if coupled with a win @VT.

Tonight it would be great if we put one or both of their Big 2 into a ton of PnRs, hoping to get fouls on them. If one them has to sit, we are in tremendous shape. Or if we simply can hold the rest of their squad to 20-28 points, we would be looking good.

Tonight it would be great if we put one or both of their Big 2 into a ton of PnRs, hoping to get fouls on them. If one them has to sit, we are in tremendous shape. Or if we simply can hold the rest of their squad to 20-28 points, we would be looking good.

Also, everyone bring a toilet !

Who do you put on Young? I would suggest someone other than JC. Maybe Dinos or even Moore. Of course, if he guards JC he may sit early.

Dinos or anyone but JC. As I said, I'm not sure I wouldn't give him 25 and Artis 25 and limit the rest of the team to 25 and win.

Got Wake at -6. Pitt is playing better, but I think their inability to force turnovers will really hurt them tonight. When teams don't force Wake into turnovers we get more Collins touches, more drives with BC, and more open threes. Pitt's D is bad.

Pitt has four starters who play at least 70% of the team's minutes and has one of the lowest amount of total bench minutes in the nation. We should pound it inside to JC early and often to try and get a little foul trouble. The good news for Pitt is that none of their players, even interior guys, are particularly prone to fouling. The good news for Wake is that this hasn't stopped JC from drawing fouls as he's one of the top players in the nation at doing so.

Wake only -5 at my book. No over/under yet... I have to imagine it will be comically high.

81-75 sounds low to me. I don't see any reason why we'd start playing defense tonight.

81-75 sounds low to me. I don't see any reason why we'd start playing defense tonight.

Pitt plays pretty slow - averaging almost 10 possessions fewer per game over the last five games than Wake is and for Wake that includes a 68 possession game against Duke (largely, I believe, due to the low number of turnovers committed by both teams).

Not sure what you people are waiting for. Wake -5 and over 157.5 seem like obvious plays.

I'm not touching that over/under. Wake at -5 at home against Pitt is about as good a shot as you'll get betting on Wake. Of course that means we're doomed to lose, but hey that's the price you pay.

Back