• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/Pitt

JC hasn't struggled over the entire course of a game since early January. He's been one of the top five players in the nation the last six weeks.

he has struggled in other games. He didn't struggle vs. Duke. We didn't get him the ball. Period.

The game is on youtube, watch the final Wake possession at 30 seconds. Collins tries to post Jefferson, they push a bit, then Jefferson fronts him and he can't get open. Crawford's forced to drive and take a tough 2, Collins drifts away from the rebound and Jefferson gets it. And that's after the play that he was pushed under the basket. The play was going to Collins, but he couldn't get position.

he has struggled in other games. He didn't struggle vs. Duke. We didn't get him the ball. Period.

He had a 33% possession rating and took 18 shots. Some of those were after rebounds, but that means we got him the ball 13 times even if he went up every time he grabbed an offensive rebound. That's a lot of touches.

We tried to get it inside late and Duke denied ball.

JC hasn't struggled over the entire course of a game since early January. He's been one of the top five players in the nation the last six weeks.

That's not what DC is saying. He's saying he's not without blame for not getting him the ball toward the end of games, which is true. He's obviously an incredible player and one of the top 5 in the conference but that doesn't mean he's immune to any criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The game is on youtube, watch the final Wake possession at 30 seconds. Collins tries to post Jefferson, they push a bit, then Jefferson fronts him and he can't get open. Crawford's forced to drive and take a tough 2, Collins drifts away from the rebound and Jefferson gets it. And that's after the play that he was pushed under the basket. The play was going to Collins, but he couldn't get position.

He was completely gassed at the 6 minute mark and never got his usual planned or unplanned (foul trouble) break. Him sucking wind big time at the 6 minute mark is likely on YouTube. That's on Manning, but the kid was carrying us at both ends of the floor. He just stayed in the game.

When he has his legs, he is so adept around the hoop and gets his hands on everything. He lacked that burst late against Duke, thus the issues you point out.

The last time I was completely gassed while playing full court basketball, I could barely make a shot.

Amile Jefferson sucks.

I love how quickly the narrative has shifted from "Collins isn't in foul trouble why are we playing him more?" to "Collins looks gassed, why isn't Manning resting him more?" It's almost like Manning knows what the fuck he is doing.

We needed everyone of Collins' 33 minutes to be in a position to win. Seems like Collins conditioning forces Manning to make some tough choices about his minutes. I don't think he made the wrong choice @Duke.

Last edited:
He was completely gassed at the 6 minute mark and never got his usual planned or unplanned (foul trouble) break. Him sucking wind big time at the 6 minute mark is likely on YouTube. That's on Manning, but the kid was carrying us at both ends of the floor. He just stayed in the game.

When he has his legs, he is so adept around the hoop and gets his hands on everything. He lacked that burst late against Duke, thus the issues you point out.

The last time I was completely gassed while playing full court basketball, I could barely make a shot.

Amile Jefferson sucks.

The last time I was (asphalt) I could barely take a shot. I knew that spinach salad I had for lunch was coming back. I just didn't know when.

I love how quickly the narrative has shifted from "Collins isn't in foul trouble why are we playing him more?" to "Collins looks gassed, why isn't Manning resting him more?" It's almost like Manning knows what the fuck he is doing.

We needed everyone of Collins' 33 minutes to be in a position to win. Seems like Collins conditioning forces Manning to make some tough choices about his minutes. I don't think he made the wrong choice @Duke.

There were 3 timeouts in the last minute and a half of the Duke game. He wasn't gassed. Anyway Collins is amazing and Manning has brought him along incredibly well, happy to leave it at that.

On a side note, Manning skipped the quick Wilbekin first sub he'd been doing for a while now and brought McClinton and Childress as first off the bench for Dinos and Arians. Curious to see whether that was due to Wilbekin's injury, if it was specifically planned for Pitt matchups, or if we'll go to McClinton more to close out the season based on recent outcomes. Childress has averaged over 25 minutes per game in our last 4, has been disruptive as hell on defense, and not only clinched the game at the line but was smart enough to hit a 3 and then not force another one all game.

If McClinton plays against Louisville and keeps Adel in check, it'll be interesting to see our tournament rotations.

I wonder if that's a change in philosophy by switching from Mitch to Greg for defensive purposes (Manning has liked Mitch in the "defensive minded" lineups), or if Mitch's ankle is still limiting his lateral foot speed (from it's normal slow pace already, sorry Mitch).

Why is Coach Childress in Pitt colors? Of all nights, put on the black suit, not the blue one.

Back