• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake releases football helmet reveal video on social media

Roll -

No....AIR, there was one with a wrap-a-round Deacon head, wasn't there ?

This one looks good but ditch the white face mask in favor of a black one.

Hey wait a sec...

Where are the new unis ??? Don't tell me we're not getting new unis to go with these new helmets !

That would be asking too much of Ron. We'll get nothing and like it!

Wait - The best ideas they could come up with after all that was 2 black helmets and 1 white helmet, all with a slightly different sized WF on them?

That's as creative as we get these days?

Jesus.

Wait - The best ideas they could come up with after all that was 2 black helmets and 1 white helmet, all with a slightly different sized WF on them?

Jesus.

I agree with this. Not that I don't like them, but I really thought after all the hype and talk about new helmets, we would get one that had the deacon head or something that was totally different the the WF on them.

Is there a better example of modern college football excess than every team needing three different helmets, jerseys, and pants?

Jesus.

It's a football helmet. It should have our logo on it. What were you expecting?

Is there a better example of modern college football excess than every team needing three different helmets, jerseys, and pants?

I agree with that as well, the best program in the country has one helmet, two jerseys and one pair of pants I think. I guess we can thank Oregon for this, aren't they up to something like twenty some different helmet/uniform combinations?

O.K., so unless new 'Oregon' type unis are being secretly delivered by a plain truck at 3am Thursday morning....

These white helmets....only to be worn for away games, right ? Can't see them with all-black togs or with the tan pants / black jerseys, agreed ?

So can we anticipate : All white - pants, jerseys, helmets....OR....tan pants, white jerseys, white helmets....OR....black pants, white jerseys, white helmets at BC ?

:confused::tard:

I agree with that as well, the best program in the country has one helmet, two jerseys and one pair of pants I think. I guess we can thank Oregon for this, aren't they up to something like twenty some different helmet/uniform combinations?

More than 20. Way more.

Are we only using white and black jerseys or are we doing gold too.

They might not be that high anymore, didn't the NCAA just rule that your numbers had to actually be a different color than your jersey and not just outlines? That probably knocked out a couple dozen Oregon combos.

All three look pretty nice. Hopefully, it will help motivate the kids during some of our big games this season.

Caldwell's recruits? Yeah. The Deacs who have had played for 7+ years after leaving Wake who were recruited by Caldwell and Grobe are:

Joe Zelenka
Desmond Clark
Calvin Pace
Fred Robbins
Tyson Clabo
Ovie Mughelli

Vallos would make this list if he's still in the league next season and be Grobe's first player to make it to 7 years. Obviously Grobe could get more guys but he's had more recruits than Caldwell did.

Caldwell's recruits? Yeah. The Deacs who have had played for 7+ years after leaving Wake who were recruited by Caldwell and Grobe are:

Joe Zelenka
Desmond Clark
Calvin Pace
Fred Robbins
Tyson Clabo
Ovie Mughelli

Vallos would make this list if he's still in the league next season and be Grobe's first player to make it to 7 years. Obviously Grobe could get more guys but he's had more recruits than Caldwell did.

Damn. Wrong thread. But still a great point.

I hate to correct you but they actually have four jerseys. They have the plain white and plain crimson and then they have the version of each with the BCS Championship patch on them. :thumbsup:

I like 'em. And I've got no problem with the facemask being white. Will be interesting to see when they break these out.

Damn. Wrong thread. But still a great point.

Yeah. I hadn't really thought about it, but Caldwell had a solid NFL track record despite some very bad teams. One good season in 8 years and he recruited 6 players who went on to have good NFL careers.

And Grobe's first two teams including the Seattle Bowl team had Pace, Clabo, and Mughelli as Caldwell holdovers. Not a bad way to start a coaching job.

Yeah. I hadn't really thought about it, but Caldwell had a solid NFL track record despite some very bad teams. One good season in 8 years and he recruited 6 players who went on to have good NFL careers.

And Grobe's first two teams including the Seattle Bowl team had Pace, Clabo, and Mughelli as Caldwell holdovers. Not a bad way to start a coaching job.

Prosser may have had it even better. He inherited 6 junior/seniors (2 future NBA'ers), 2 very good incoming frosh (Levy/Downey) along with the inside track on a 3rd (Vytas), and a head start on Joyce/Strickland/Gray/EW

Part of the reason both coaches had so much success immediately upon arrival

Back