• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake releases football helmet reveal video on social media

Yep. Prosser couldn't rebuild after losing what he inherited and the great player that grew up down the road.

So one rumor is we'll be wearing the white helmets with black shirts and white pants tomorrow.

Doesn't Presb have white helmets ?

:rulz:

Well he didn't, did he?

I would call Smith, Aminu, and Teague rebuilding. He brought in the players that went to the tournament. He just wasn't around to reap what he sowed. He was taking WFU to a team that recruited more nationally that regionally. Say what you want about the guy, but he had high aspirations for Wake and worked tirelessly to achieve them.

Yeah, I agree that he had high aspirations and that is truly commendable in a coach at Wake. Thing is, he went into the tank in 2006 and 2007 because he didn't rebuild/coach well enough. I'd still take Skip over Odom, though, who was totally LOWFed out.

Skip had a #1 team, was down a few years, then built another #1 team that he didn't have the chance to coach. Post-seasons obviously weren't strong, but that's pretty damn good at Wake.

So one rumor is we'll be wearing the white helmets with black shirts and white pants tomorrow.

Doesn't Presb have white helmets ?

:rulz:

Surprised we're going with black shirts, given that its August and its hot and all.

What's really miserable is some rehashed argument about Jim Caldwell and Skip Prosser in a thread that is ostensibly for grown men to whine about football helmets and uniform combinations the day before the college football season begins.

This is sarcasm, right?

Skip's recruiting classes:
2002 - Big E, Gray, Strickland, Ellis, Joyce (Odom had started recruiting this class)
2003 - Paul, Ingram, Hendley
2004 - Stanley
2005 - Swinton, Weaver, Hale, Dukes
2006 - Ish, LD, McFarland, Skeen, Gurley, Crawford
2007 - Teague, Johnson, Clark

Chris Paul verballed on May 8, 2002. Ish verballed on June 30, 2005

3 years between his best recruit and the player who say started his rebuild.

A 3 year gap is not sufficient rebuilding.

What's really miserable is some rehashed argument about Jim Caldwell and Skip Prosser in a thread that is ostensibly for grown men to whine about football helmets and uniform combinations the day before the college football season begins.

Rehashed argument? I don't think anybody has ever compared their recruits' NFL career before. That's new info.

Skip's recruiting classes:
2002 - Big E, Gray, Strickland, Ellis, Joyce (Odom had started recruiting this class)
2003 - Paul, Ingram, Hendley
2004 - Stanley
2005 - Swinton, Weaver, Hale, Dukes
2006 - Ish, LD, McFarland, Skeen, Gurley, Crawford
2007 - Teague, Johnson, Clark

Chris Paul verballed on May 8, 2002. Ish verballed on June 30, 2005

3 years between his best recruit and the player who say started his rebuild.

A 3 year gap is not sufficient rebuilding.

[obvious statement] If Skip wasn't a good enough coach for you, you will never be happy as a Wake fan. [is obvious] I seriously suggest you start pulling for UK or something.

The idea that Wake fans should just be content with losing is unacceptable to me and I don't see how you all can live with it. Going to games and watching games on TV without having a burning desire to win and build towards championships is empty.

The idea that Wake fans should just be content with losing is unacceptable to me and I don't see how you all can live with it. Going to games and watching games on TV without having a burning desire to win and build towards championships is empty.

You can make your point without saying dumb shit like Prosser wasn't a program builder. It destroys your credibility.

Even based on your own assessment, Skip had a 3 year gap between impact recruits. That's not building a program.

Back