• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Richmond Game Thread

I guess I could look it up, but is 61 really just NIT bubble? I know there are several auto bids, but the NCAA should eat up a lot of the top 60. I would think 61 would get you into the NIT.

40-50 is generally where the bubble starts to pop. The bottom 18-20 are generally auto bids from conferences without a team in the top 68. Add in 2-3 surprise auto bids from top conferences and that leaves you with about 45 spots filled at large or by auto bids from top conferences that would otherwise get an at large bid.

The NIT takes 32 teams with auto bids of their own (teams who win their conference regular season but not their tournament) leaving around 20 or so at large bids. That means the cut-off is around 65.

at large bids rarely go strictly by kenpom or RPI so 61 would be squarely on the NIT bubble (with a slight lean towards the right side of it).

Edit: Basically what Redwing and numbers said.

If this team somehow ends up in the conversation in March, I think we'll all look back at today's game as a pivotal one both as a decent win and a decisive moment.

I think Travis was pleased.
a2unu4y8.jpg

It's hard to tell but he's conducting the band during the Alma Mater.

He did this Wednesday night also.

Christmas came early in Winston-Salem this afternoon.

On a related note, I feel bad for whomever had to write that game recap. They probably were forced to scrap their article multiple times.

CMM is so much improved and really should be one of the best guards in the conference over the next couple years. It was nice to see McKie and Coron hit key 3s against their hometown.

Richmond really screwed themselves by starting to stall with 6 minutes left. Awful decision.

The players don't give a crap about a lot of the things we legitimately gripe about and that is the way it should be. It is entirely plausible that they like Bz and have rallied around him a bit b/c of the negative attention. That is part of being a team. Doesn't necessarily change my feelings about him being our coach but I am glad the team feels that way.

CMM is so much improved and really should be one of the best guards in the conference over the next couple years. It was nice to see McKie and Coron hit key 3s against their hometown.

Richmond really screwed themselves by starting to stall with 6 minutes left. Awful decision.

Devin will not get enough credit for a great rebound and outlet to set up Travs' shot. That was one hell of a head's up play.

This. The competition hasn't been great, but I love what I'm seeing from CMM. He's looking more and more like the guy that Chill told me we recruited and I feel pretty confident saying that he'll be the guy to bring us back to the NCAA Tournament at some point before he graduates. With or without Buzz (who once again, and unequivocally, sucked beyond belief).

I doubt they would come to play for Bzz if they didn't like him.

Who cares how much they like him? they clearly like each other and they're becoming a really fun team to watch. there was some actual energy in the Joel today and although we looked like ass for most of the game, we gutted out on an ugly one.

I doubt they would come to play for Bzz if they didn't like him.

They come for the opportunity ... the competition, the conference, the school, the assistant that recruited them ... they come for many reasons. They dont come specifically to play for Bz because they dont know what that is like when they commit. It takes a year to understand what the full experience is like.

Last year's experience with him was not a positive one for the players. This year has been better ... so far. The players were excited to win a game today that they thought they had lost. Let them celebrate the emotion of the moment without trying to read too much into it.

Back