• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Richmond Game Thread

Maryland lost to GW today, which is funny because nothing makes Maryland fans angrier than losing to GW.

I know it was a long time ago, but the Iowa game was before everyone abandoned the program (except Wellman). That was the best atmosphere of any game [Redacted] has coached at Wake.

Miami game last year was way better

Ok, I've got it now. The less Travis touches the ball, the fewer shots he takes the better we are.

And stats per 40 min are interesting for discussion and argument but still don't count on the scoreboard.

Ok, I've got it now. The less Travis touches the ball, the fewer shots he takes the better we are.

Pretty much. We should be happy that we have a couple better players now. A team with Travis as their leader is a bottom 2 ACC team. A team with Travis as an important role player could be solid.

Andre Washington May be the only player who's improved under Bzd. CMM might be too, but the change in Washington is major.

He'll always be Frankenstein to me though.

CMM is 95% mentality imo. He had the skills last year (see: vs UConn), just didn't bring it with any kind of consistency. Maybe he just got tired of losing.

And stats per 40 min are interesting for discussion and argument but still don't count on the scoreboard.

#Deac83vsStats

CMM and Cav are obviously in better shape...stronger. And, not coincidentally, both are more aggressive. Even though Tyler has not had much success shooting the 3, his shot looks solid. Perhaps it is a matter of gaining confidence. I think that has been true of CMM. The Richmond game could prove to be a major step in this development.

CMM is 95% mentality imo. He had the skills last year (see: vs UConn), just didn't bring it with any kind of consistency. Maybe he just got tired of losing.

The mentality change is huge, but CMM looks like he's in noticeably better shape this year. I think Childress mentioned this in the preseason too. I usually scoff at all the "best shape of my life!" comments from athletes, but CMM looks noticeably lighter and quicker.

The mentality change is huge, but CMM looks like he's in noticeably better shape this year. I think Childress mentioned this in the preseason too. I usually scoff at all the "best shape of my life!" comments from athletes, but CMM looks noticeably lighter and quicker.

Well that could be..hard to tell from my laptop and ESPN3 is now the flagship carrier of Wake Forest athletics.

CMM has also added that Euro step finish on fast breaks - definitely not in the repertoire last year. It's not just confidence and conditioning, although they are certainly two key components.

I have finally seen the light:

Buzz develops talent like nobody's business, y'all. And Travis is a massive disappointment who hasn't developed in four years.

BuzzIn, baby!

Richmond lost to UNC, UNC lost to Belmont, Richmond beat Belmont, and now we just beat Richmond...I don't know about you guys but my fandom based on the basketball transitive property is all fucked up...does this mean we beat UNC at home and lose on the road to them? LOL

Back