• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Richmond Game Thread

Also, worth pointing out that Cav is obliterating reasonable projections of his sophomore season.

17.1 p40pa (up from 11.4)
47.1% 2FG (up from 36.7%)
8.2 FTA40pa (up from 4.0)
10.7 r40pa (up from 5.6)
15.4 PER (up from 6.7)

Color me impressed. Though it should be pointed out that his three point shooting is still relatively abysmal (and as prolific) while his A/TO and PF40pa remain stable.

Same goes for CMM and, to a much lesser extent, Devin.

I think Cav is still a decent shooter, just in a rut right now.

We're approaching a two season-deep rut, then. I'm with you. Dude was lights out during his breakout AAU season, but he's been streaky at best for us. His perimeter shooting this year essentially mirrors last year by most metrics, and taking our mediocre competition into consideration.

I'm, personally, more impressed with the fact that he's making (and taking) more shots inside of the arc as a sophomore.

Green Bay is better than us.

It would be a hell of a game, to say the least.

Outside of the Cory Jefferson and Isaiah Austin pair (which is just awesome in every way, though somehow Scott Drew will find a way to underachieve), Alec Brown is probably my favorite big in the NCAA this year. Dude is definitely getting drafted.

My favorite big man is Alan Williams of UCSB. Huge stats.

Man, this is a good year in college basketball. You're totally right on Williams. I'm up at UCSB pretty often, and he is a hell of a player.

We now have five guys averaging 9 pts or more a game. That is huge and will be very helpful once we get into the meat of our schedule.

Add to that Rountree and Andre and Madison who can all contribute without scoring a point and you should have a pretty efficient team.

We're approaching a two season-deep rut, then. I'm with you. Dude was lights out during his breakout AAU season, but he's been streaky at best for us. His perimeter shooting this year essentially mirrors last year by most metrics, and taking our mediocre competition into consideration.

I'm, personally, more impressed with the fact that he's making (and taking) more shots inside of the arc as a sophomore.

Eh, he started 0/6 in the first 3 games of the season - since then he's shooting 40% from 3 (7 games). His overall field goal percentage is suffering from a lot of good offensive rebounds with missed put-backs.

That step-back three he hit against Richmond early was really nice - if that's what we're looking at in the future from him he could be really good. Looked to me like he was just beat up and exhausted for half his 3 point attempts last year. My worry about Cav was that he wouldn't be strong enough to be a legit 4 - if he keeps working hard it shouldn't be a problem.

People joke about the Ryan Kelly comparison but looking at sophomore stats he's right there.

Cav is definitely getting better and better. I agree that his 3 shot looks fine lately after the slow start. I have no problem with him shooting whenever he is open. I think he has the green light, as well he should.

BC is not what I thought they would be..not sure how they got worse compared to last year.

I think DCDeac has it right. People are disappointed because Travis simply hasn't improved at all in 4 years. I don't think you could point to one aspect of his game that has evolved.

Andre Washington May be the only player who's improved under Bzd. CMM might be too, but the change in Washington is major.

He'll always be Frankenstein to me though.

Random post: Marshall Henderson from Ole Miss jacked up 23 3 pointers tonight against Oregon. Made 10.

Back