• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Soccer & Football Schedules 2017

GeeseGeese14

Reaction score
Anyone know the dates of either of these schedules being released? The only confirmed dates I see for football are App on Sept 23 and Notre Dame Nov 4.

Trying to plan a bachelor party for next fall

The football schedule should be released at the end of January.

Last edited:
Two games are set:

@ App State September 23
@ ND November 4

Kind of weird that WF will have played ND 4 times since ND affiliated with the ACC; yet WF has never played Pitt. Not sure if WF will ever play Pitt... Are there any other two current ACC teams that have not played each other in a conference game?

According to the Wake Forest Game Notes for the Military Bowl, our game with Presbyterian will be August 31st, the Thursday before Labor Day weekend.
Also, I believe we play Pitt here in 2018 and away in 2023.

Last edited:
Yeah, Army feels like more of a conference foe in football than Pitt does #doawaywithdivisions

Two games are set:

@ App State September 23
@ ND November 4

Kind of weird that WF will have played ND 4 times since ND affiliated with the ACC; yet WF has never played Pitt. Not sure if WF will ever play Pitt... Are there any other two current ACC teams that have not played each other in a conference game?

I'm sure there's close to one conference foe per team....UNC hasn't played Syracuse for example.

This is why we're playing UNC in non-conference games...

Two games are set:

@ App State September 23
@ ND November 4

ND is schedule to play 5 ACC teams each season. They'll cycle through the conference every 3 years. We'll cycle through the Coastal every 6 years. I believe playing unc as a non-conf will be a mistake.

ND is schedule to play 5 ACC teams each season. They'll cycle through the conference every 3 years. We'll cycle through the Coastal every 6 years. I believe playing unc as a non-conf will be a mistake.

Why? Just because you think we'll lose? That doesn't strike me as a good reason.

Why? Just because you think we'll lose? That doesn't strike me as a good reason.

No. If we are recruiting kids in Fla, get another game in Fla so that their family has a chance to see them. Kids in NC can see us at home or our games in the triangle (Duke, NCSU). We go to Tally every other year, Miami once a decade. How about FAU, FIU, UCF, USF. for the Florida kids. That's all.

Can't argue with that logic.

I love to have a home-home with FL teams. I want to play UNC and USF or UCF in years we don't play ND. Add in FIU or FAU as one of two G5 opponents as well.

Last edited:
No. If we are recruiting kids in Fla, get another game in Fla so that their family has a chance to see them. Kids in NC can see us at home or our games in the triangle (Duke, NCSU). We go to Tally every other year, Miami once a decade. How about FAU, FIU, UCF, USF. for the Florida kids. That's all.

we aren't

Two games are set:

@ App State September 23
@ ND November 4

I think, not sure, that we played ND a couple of times before they affialiated with the ACC. That is why it seems like we've played them more than most other ACC teams.

WF should play UNC every year. Hard for me to believe that anyone would rather see WF play UCF than UNC. Also, not buying that any recruit would choose WF because WF might play an OOC road game in Florida. Being in the same conference as FSU brings cache to Florida kids; playing a game in front of 28,000 in Tampa doesn't really help that much.

I think, not sure, that we played ND a couple of times before they affialiated with the ACC. That is why it seems like we've played them more than most other ACC teams.

The first game definitely was and the second was an already scheduled home and home that I believe the ACC kept (or may have moved one year) to keep from not messing up our OOC scheduling.

Meh, I'm pretty skeptical that playing teams like FAU and FIU helps our recruiting in Florida. High schoolers in Florida don't care about those schools. Did playing ULM help our Louisiana recruiting?

Meh, I'm pretty skeptical that playing teams like FAU and FIU helps our recruiting in Florida. High schoolers in Florida don't care about those schools. Did playing ULM help our Louisiana recruiting?

It is much less about how HS kids in FL feel about those schools. It is about giving kids from Florida an opportunity to play a game in a location that some of their HS friends and parents can get to more easily than they can get to Wake to watch them play. Games with the lesser schools in Florida help do this.

This is the same reason Duke will schedule the very rare road game against some remote school. A player on the Duke team came from that area, and his "hometown" people get to see hm play in person.

It is much less about how HS kids in FL feel about those schools. It is about giving kids from Florida an opportunity to play a game in a location that some of their HS friends and parents can get to more easily than they can get to Wake to watch them play. Games with the lesser schools in Florida help do this.

This is the same reason Duke will schedule the very rare road game against some remote school. A player on the Duke team came from that area, and his "hometown" people get to see hm play in person.

Again, did playing ULM help our Louisiana recruiting? Did playing Utah State help our Utah recruiting? We already play in the state of Florida at least every other year, so every recruit that comes to Wake knows that they'll get to do so at least twice. And that's not counting any Miami games.

I think people way overrate the effect of non-conference games on recruiting. Is a recruit really coming to Wake over some other ACC school because they're going to play FIU once while he's there? Seems doubtful

Back