• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Soccer & Football Schedules 2017

This is the same reason Duke will schedule the very rare road game against some remote school. A player on the Duke team came from that area, and his "hometown" people get to see hm play in person.

Do you have any examples of this? It sounds kinda made up. also, duke, in general, is not really into road games.

Do you have any examples of this? It sounds kinda made up. also, duke, in general, is not really into road games.

UNC does it not Duke.

I know a lot of our Olympic sports try to schedule a game in each player's hometown area at least once during their four years. For example, last year the women's tennis team played at Michigan State because senior Kasey Gardiner is from Michigan. It's a nice touch, also pretty common among major D-1 schools so not sure it really gives us a recruiting edge. It's a lot harder to do with sports like football because there are limited non-conference games and the schedule are made so far in advance.

I know a lot of our Olympic sports try to schedule a game in each player's hometown area at least once during their four years. For example, last year the women's tennis team played at Michigan State because senior Kasey Gardiner is from Michigan. It's a nice touch, also pretty common among major D-1 schools so not sure it really gives us a recruiting edge. It's a lot harder to do with sports like football because there are limited non-conference games and the schedule are made so far in advance.

Yeah, I don't believe it for football, since the out-of-conference schedules are set so far in advance and there are so so so many players on the roster. makes some more sense for olympic sports teams, but it definitely doesn't happen in cross country and track and I don't see it happening in soccer or field hockey or golf. "a lot of our Olympic sports"? Sounds like an exaggeration to me. could very well be in tennis with so many matches. Not sure about volleyball.

Yeah, I don't believe it for football, since the out-of-conference schedules are set so far in advance and there are so so so many players on the roster. makes some more sense for olympic sports teams, but it definitely doesn't happen in cross country and track and I don't see it happening in soccer or field hockey or golf. "a lot of our Olympic sports"? Sounds like an exaggeration to me. could very well be in tennis with so many matches. Not sure about volleyball.

I know women's soccer and volleyball have done it in the past. Not sure if soccer still does it, it's a lot harder now that they don't play as many non-conference games in an expanded ACC. Field hockey could be tough too because there aren't a lot of D-I teams, so not a lot of options on places to play.

Last edited:
Back